According to ceoworld.biz
View 30+ moreView 30+
What are the 10 largest cities in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Manila – 12.8 million.
What is the biggest city in the world 2018?
The largest American city is New York City, while the largest city on the European continent is Moscow.
The 20 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan. Save this picture!
- Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Delhi, India.
- Manila, Philippines.
- Seoul, South Korea.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- New York City, USA.
What are the 12 largest cities in the world?
Capital cities of the world – with population
118 more rows
What is the population of Tokyo in 2018?
The 23 wards claim a population of 9.2 million, but the metropolis has a population that exceeds 13 million. The greater Tokyo metropolitan area, which is spread over 3 prefectures, is much larger and has a population that is estimated to be over 36 million.
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the most populated country in the world 2018?
The World: Population (2018) – Top 100+
|3.||United States of America||331,026,400|
96 more rows
What is the most common city name?
Most Common City Names in the US
- Washington. With 88 different cities and towns throughout the country named Washington, this names takes 1st place.
- Springfield. Springfield comes in 2nd place with 41 different cities and towns sharing its name.
- Franklin. Number 3 on the list is Franklin.
What are the 10 largest metro areas in United States?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- Omaha, NE – 443,885.
- Miami, FL – 441,003.
- Oakland, CA – 419,267.
- Minneapolis, MN – 410,939.
- Tulsa, OK – 403,505.
- Wichita, KS – 389,965.
- New Orleans, LA – 389,617.
- Arlington, TX– 388,125.
What are the 50 largest cities in the world?
So, the top 50 largest built-up urban areas in the world, with a population of 500,000 and over are:
- Tokyo–Yokohama (Japan)
- Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Delhi (India)
- Seoul–Incheon (South Korea)
- Manila (Philippines)
- Mumbai (India)
- Karachi (Pakistan)
- Shanghai (China)
What is the population of Tokyo today?
9.273 million (2015)
Why is Tokyo the largest city?
Tokyo-Yokohama continues to be the largest city in the world, with nearly 38 million residents, according to the just released Demographia World Urban Areas (12th Annual Edition).
Is Tokyo bigger than New York City?
Tokyo is the most populated metropolitan area in the world, so it’s appropriate that it’s much larger than NYC in terms of land area. Still, it’s noteworthy that Tokyo is SO large that its population density is 15,604 people per square mile, as compared to New York’s 27,578 people per square mile.
What are the top 10 most populated cities in the world 2018?
Here are the 10 most populated cities in the world, as reported by Time.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Beijing, China.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Osaka, Japan.
- Cairo, Egypt.
- New York-Newark, United States.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2019?
The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World for 2019
- 8: Mumbai.
- 7: Dhaka.
- 6: Cairo.
- 5: Mexico City.
- 4: Sao Paulo.
- 3: Shanghai.
- 2: Delhi.
- 1: Tokyo. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is the vibrant Japanese city of Osaka which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
What is the most expensive city in the US?
While not universally the case, residents of the most expensive cities tend to have higher incomes.
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, California.
- Santa Cruz-Watsonville, California.
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, California.
- Urban Honolulu, Hawaii.
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, New York-New Jersey-Pennsylvania.
- Napa, California.
What is the most dangerous city in the world 2018?
- Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, had 85.56 homicides per 100,000.
- Ciudad Victoria, Mexico, had 86.01 homicides per 100,000 residents.
- Caracas, Venezuela, had 99.98 homicides per 100,000 residents.
- Acapulco, Mexico, had 110.5 homicides per 100,000 residents.
- Tijuana, Mexico, had 138.26 homicides per 100,000 residents.
What is the world’s most dangerous city?
The following 50 cities have the highest murder rates in the world of all cities not at war, with a population of at least 300,000 people, and all relevant data available online.
List of cities by murder rate.
|Homicides per 100,000||111.33|
49 more columns
What is the cleanest city in the world?
The world’s cleanest cities
- #1: CALGARY. Calgary in Canada is the world’s cleanest city, and with a population of more than a million, that’s quite something.
- #2: ZURICH. Zurich in Switzerland attracts thousands of tourists every year, especially those who enjoy the winter snow.
- #3: LUXEMBOURG.
- #4: ADELAIDE.
- #5: SINGAPORE.
Which country has the most billionaires?
The U.S. still leads the pack, but Asia is now the region home to the most billionaires.
|Country||Billionaire Rank||Number of Billionaires|
6 more rows
Which country has the lowest population 2018?
The 9 Smallest Countries in the World by Population
- Vatican City. Population: 451.
- Tuvalu. Population: 10,640.
- Nauru. Population: 11,347.
- Palau. Population: 21,097.
- San Marino. Population: 33,285.
- Monaco. Population: 37,623.
- Liechtenstein. Population: 37,815.
- Marshall Islands. Population: 53,066.
Is any country still in 2018?
People will ring in the year 2018 in Russia. Most countries in the world live according to the Gregorian calendar. That’s why there is such a holiday as Old New Year: it’s New Year according to the Julian calendar, and some countries still celebrate it. However, nobody neglects “regular” New Year.
What is the population of Tokyo 2017?
13.75 million people
Is Tokyo a city or state?
Officially Tokyo is one of the 47 prefectures of Japan. A prefecture is roughly similar to a state or province. Tokyo is divided into 23 special wards, 26 cities, five towns and eight villages.
Is Tokyo the largest city in the world?
Delhi to Unseat Tokyo as World’s Most Populous. As of 2018, Tokyo is still the world’s largest city with 37 million inhabitants, but it’s growth has plateaued and is projected to begin declining around 2020, while Delhi continues the ascend to become the most populous city in the world in 2028.