What are the 5 most populated cities in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Manila – 12.8 million.
- Tianjin – 12.7 million.
- Mumbai – 12.4 million. Mumbai lies on the western coast of the Indian Subcontinent, and has approximately 12.4 million inhabitants.
What is the most populated city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What are the 10 largest cities?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- New York City, NY. Population: 8,550,405.
- Los Angeles, CA. Population: 3,971,883.
- Chicago, IL. Population: 2,720,546.
- Houston, TX. Population: 2,296,224.
- Philadelphia, PA. Population: 1,567,442.
- Phoenix, AZ. Population: 1,563,025.
- San Antonio, TX. Population: 1,469,845.
- San Diego, CA. Population: 1,394,928.
What is the most common city name?
Most Common City Names in the US
- Washington. With 88 different cities and towns throughout the country named Washington, this names takes 1st place.
- Springfield. Springfield comes in 2nd place with 41 different cities and towns sharing its name.
- Franklin. Number 3 on the list is Franklin.
What are the 20 most populated cities in the world?
- Tokyo, Japan. Although its population is predicted to begin declining, Tokyo is still projected to hold the top spot as the most populated city on earth until 2030.
- Delhi, India.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Beijing, China.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Osaka, Japan.
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What is the least populated city in the world?
The World’s Least Populated Capital Cities
6 more rows
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
What city has the largest homeless population?
In Seattle, which has the nation’s largest homeless population outside New York or Los Angeles, the count this year rose to more than 12,000 — more than half of them unsheltered. The number was less than 9,000 just four years ago, and the city has been wrestling with what to do about the problem.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2019?
The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World for 2019
- 8: Mumbai.
- 7: Dhaka.
- 6: Cairo.
- 5: Mexico City.
- 4: Sao Paulo.
- 3: Shanghai.
- 2: Delhi.
- 1: Tokyo. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is the vibrant Japanese city of Osaka which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
What is the most important city in the world?
The world’s top 10 most influential cities:
- London. A history and tradition which cannot be rivalled have left London with all the economic benefits of the City of London, and a language, judiciary and legal system which are models for the rest of the world.
- New York.
- Hong Kong.
What’s the best country in the world?
The 10 Best Countries in the World
- United Kingdom.
- United States.
- France. France, the most visited country in the world, ranks second in cultural influence and sixth in the power rankings for the second year in a row.
What are the 12 largest cities in the world?
Capital cities of the world – with population
118 more rows
What’s the most common name in the world?
Muhammad is thought to be the most popular name in the world, given to an estimated 150 million men and boys.
What is the longest town name in the world?
The Longest Place Names In the World
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand.
- Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales.
- Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, United States.
- Tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein, South Africa.
Is Springfield the most common city name?
Although Springfield is commonly thought of as the most prolific place name in the United States, Washington is the most common, according to World Atlas, with 88 place names. There are even more if you count places where Washington is only a portion of the name.
Which city has the most billionaires?
In 2015, Forbes Magazine listed New York City with the most billionaires at 78 persons, followed by Moscow with 68 billionaires, and Hong Kong in third place with 65 billionaires. The report also states that the US has the most billionaires per capita of any country.
What is the wealthiest city in the United States?
Raleigh is by far the wealthiest metro area in North Carolina and the 25th wealthiest in the United States.
25. Raleigh, N.C.
- Median household income: $71,685.
- Households earning $200,000 or more: 8.0%
- Adults with at least a bachelor’s degree: 47.2%
- March unemployment rate: 3.8%
What is the wealthiest city in America?
These are the top 10 richest places in the US
- Harwood Court in Scarsdale, New York.
- Los Altos Hills, California.
- A home in Short Hills, N.J.
- 38,894 square foot home in Hillsborough, CA.
- This Old Greenwich, Conn., home is still on the market with a listed price of $3.8 million.
- Bronxville, New York.
- Town Hall in Highland Park, Texas.
- 10 bedroom home in Darien, Conn.
What’s the smallest city in the United States?
What is the most crowded country in the world?
What country has the lowest population?
Countries With The Smallest Populations
- Vatican City. With a population of fewer than 1,000 people, Vatican City has the smallest population of any country in the world.
- Other Small Populations.
- Least Populated Countries by Continent.
What’s the richest state in the US?
The results are surprising, with states like New York falling shy of the top 10 while Alaska makes the top 10.
- Washington. Median Household Income: $70,979.
- Virginia. Median Household Income: $71,535.
- California. Median Household Income: $71,805 (2017)
- New Hampshire.
What is the poorest state in the United States?
- West Virginia.
- New Mexico.
- Louisiana. Louisiana is one of just two states where the poverty rate is above 20 percent.
- Mississippi. Mississippi has the poorest population in the nation with 20.8 Mississippians living below the threshold in 2016.
What city has the most millionaires?
Here’s the list of the top 10 cities with the most millionaires:
- London, UK: 357,200 millionaires.
- New York, US: 339,200 millionaires.
- Tokyo, Japan: 279,800 millionaires.
- Hong Kong, China: 227,900 millionaires.
- Singapore: 217,300 millionaires.
- San Francisco Bay Area, US: 180,300 millionaires.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”