See if your state is one of the wealthiest in the country:
- Washington. Median household income: $70,979.
- Virginia. Median household income: $71,535.
- California. Median household income: $71,805.
- Alaska. Median household income: $73,181.
- New Hampshire. Median household income: $73,381.
What is the richest city in the United States?
Raleigh is by far the wealthiest metro area in North Carolina and the 25th wealthiest in the United States.
25. Raleigh, N.C.
- Median household income: $71,685.
- Households earning $200,000 or more: 8.0%
- Adults with at least a bachelor’s degree: 47.2%
- March unemployment rate: 3.8%
What are the top 10 poorest states in the United States?
The 10 Poorest States In America For 2019
- Mississippi (Photos)
- New Mexico (Photos)
- Alabama (Photos)
- Louisiana (Photos)
- West Virginia (Photos)
- Kentucky (Photos)
- South Carolina (Photos)
- Arkansas (Photos)
Which state is the poorest state in America?
States and territories ranked by median household income
|Rank||State or territory||2013|
|2||District of Columbia||$67,572|
53 more rows
What is the richest state in the US per capita?
The Richest States in the US
- Massachusetts – $65,545. The wealthiest state in the US, Massachusetts attains its high average income by hosting a high-functioning economy made up of education, biotechnology, IT, healthcare, and tourism.
- New York – $64,579.
- Connecticut – $64,511.
- Alaska – $63,971.
- Delaware – $63,664.
What city has the most billionaires?
China has the most cities in the top 10, with 145 of the nation’s billionaires living in just three places: No. 4 Beijing, No. 6 Shanghai and No. 8 Shenzhen.
- Mumbai, 37 billionaires (-8 since 2018)
- Seoul, 38 billionaires (-3)
- Shenzhen, 39 billionaires (-5)
- San Francisco, 42 billionaires (+8)
Which US city makes the most money?
If you’re in the market for a six-figure salary, here are the 15 U.S. cities with the most opportunities available.
- Atlanta, Georgia.
- Dallas, Texas.
- Seattle, Washington.
- Chicago, Illinois.
- Los Angeles, California.
- Boston, Massachusetts.
- Washington, D.C.
- New York, New York. $100,000+ jobs available: 22,648.
What is the richest state in USA?
The results are surprising, with states like New York falling shy of the top 10 while Alaska makes the top 10.
- Washington. Median Household Income: $70,979.
- Virginia. Median Household Income: $71,535.
- California. Median Household Income: $71,805 (2017)
- New Hampshire.
What is the richest state in the United States 2018?
In its 2018 Best States rankings, U.S. News determined which states have the highest median household income, based on U.S. Census Bureau data.
- New Hampshire.
- New Jersey.
- Alaska. Median household income: $76,440.
- Maryland. Median household income: $78,945.
What state has the highest poverty rate 2018?
Here are the 10 states with the highest poverty rates, according to the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2017 American Community Survey one-year estimates.
- Tennessee. Poverty rate: 15 percent.
- South Carolina. Poverty rate: 15.4 percent.
- Oklahoma. Poverty rate: 15.8 percent.
- West Virginia.
- 2 (tie).
What state has the most billionaires?
|Rank||State federal district||Number of billionaires|
48 more rows
What country is the poorest?
One of the factors used to determine the richest and poorest countries in the world is by taking a look at each nation’s gross domestic product per capita.
Poorest Countries In Africa 2019
- Central African Republic.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo.
What is the richest state in the US 2019?
The 10 Richest States In America For 2019
- New Hampshire (Photos)
- Minnesota (Photos)
- Hawaii (Photos)
- North Dakota (Photos)
- Maryland (Photos)
- Utah (Photos)
- Virginia (Photos)
- Massachusetts (Photos)
Who is the richest woman in the USA 2018?
Net Worth of Top 10 Richest Women In America In 2018
- Blair Parry-Okeden – Net worth: $12 billion.
- Marian Ilitch – Net worth: $5 billion.
- Diane Hendricks – Net Worth: $4.9 billion.
- Jin Sook Chang – Net worth: $4 billion.
- Christy Walton – Net Worth: $4 billion.
- Diane Kemper – Net worth: $3.1 billion.
Who is the richest celebrity in the world 2018?
Revealed: America’s 10 Richest Celebrities For 2018
- George Lucas, $5.4 billion.
- Steven Spielberg, $3.7 billion.
- Oprah Winfrey, $2.8 billion.
- Michael Jordan, $1.7 billion.
- Kylie Jenner, $900 million (tie)
- Jay-Z, $900 million (tie)
- David Copperfield, $875 million.
- Diddy, $825 million.
What’s the wealthiest city in the world?
The World’s Wealthiest Cities
|#1||New York City||$3.0 trillion|
|#4||San Francisco Bay Area||$2.3 trillion|
11 more rows
What are the cheapest places to live in the US?
- Harlingen, Texas. As the tough economic times continue in the U.S., many people are looking to cut down on their expenses by moving to more affordable cities and towns.
- Memphis, Tenn.
- McAllen, Texas.
- Fayetteville, Ark.
- Ardmore, Okla.
- Temple, Texas.
- Ashland, Ohio.
- Conway, Ark.
Which states pay the most?
These states reported the highest median hourly wages for all occupations as of May 2016:
- Connecticut: $21.68.
- Washington: $20.87.
- Maryland: $20.68.
- New York: $20.56.
- New Jersey: $20.17.
- California: $19.67.
- Minnesota: $19.28.
- Hawaii: $19.24.
Where do the wealthiest live in the US?
New York may lag behind California in terms of its state ranking but New York City boasts the largest UHNW population of any city in the United States – as well as the world – with 8,655 UHNW individuals.
- New York City: 8,865.
- Los Angeles: 5,250.
- Chicago: 3,255.
- San Francisco: 2820.
- Washington, D.C.: 2,735.
What city in California has the most homeless?
California and New York, home to the two most populous U.S. cities, had the highest number of people experiencing homelessness. California also had the highest rate of unsheltered people experiencing homelessness, at nearly 69 percent.
What state has the highest welfare rate?
Fact: Minnesota is among the top five states that spend the most on welfare per capita, and it’s among the top 15 with the highest total public welfare expenditures. Fact: New Mexico has the third-highest poverty rate in America at 18.2 percent.
What state has the least amount of poverty?
US States By Poverty Rate
|Rank||US State||Poverty Rate (by Household Income)|
48 more rows
What’s the richest country?
Another common characteristic of the wealthiest nations is all of the 25 richest countries have life expectancies at birth above the world average of 72 years.
- Qatar. • GNI per capita: $128,060.
- Singapore. • GNI per capita: $90,570.
- Brunei Darussalam.
- United Arab Emirates.
- Hong Kong SAR.
Who is the poorest person on earth?
People you care about will be counting on you, so it’s imperative you learn from the poorest person in the world. In case you’re wondering, Jerome Kerviel did become indebted for €4.9 billion and did serve his sentence.
What is the richest country in the world 2018?
The 20 Richest Countries in the World Right Now Might Surprise You
- United Arab Emirates.
- Luxembourg. Luxembourg has a GDP (PPP) per capita of $112,710.
- Qatar. Qatar has a GDP (PPP) per capita of $129,360, making its citizens the richest in the world.
What is the wealthiest county in the US?
The 10 Richest Counties in the U.S.
- Loudoun County, Virginia. Median HHI: $129,588.
- Fairfax County, Virginia. Median HHI: $117,515.
- Howard County, Maryland. Median HHI: $115,576.
- Falls Church city, Virginia.
- Arlington County, Virginia.
- Douglas County, Colorado.
- Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
- Los Alamos County, New Mexico.
What is the best state in America?
The rankings, formed in partnership with McKinsey & Company, analyze thousands of data points to measure how states best serve their citizens.
- No. 8: Massachusetts.
- No. 7: Nebraska.
- No. 6: Washington.
- No. 5: New Hampshire.
- No. 4: North Dakota.
- No. 3: Utah.
- No. 2: Minnesota. Capital: Saint Paul.
- No. 1: Iowa. Capital: Des Moines.
How many billionaires are there in America?
Photo in the article by “National Park Service”