Who is longest river in India?
Which one is the largest river in India?
List of Top 10 Rivers in India
- Indus River. The Indus River (Sindhu River), one of the longest rivers in Asia.
- The Ganges River. The Ganga river, well known and declared as the National River of India.
- Godavari River.
- Krishna River.
- Yamuna River.
- Narmada River.
- Mahanadi River.
- Kaveri River.
What is the name of the main river in India?
Known as Ganga-(गँगा सतलुज का मैदान), this area is drained by 16 major rivers. The major Himalayan Rivers are the Indus, Ganges, and Brahmaputra. These rivers are long, and are joined by many large and important tributaries.
Which is the biggest river in the world?
Here is a list of five longest rivers of the world
- Nile River: The longest river in the world. Nile River: the longest river in the world (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Amazon River: Second longest and the largest by water flow. Amazon River (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Yangtze River: The longest river in Asia.
Which is the 2nd largest river in India?
Godavari – 1,465 km. The Godavari is the second longest river in India after the river Ganga and also forms one of the largest river basins in India. The River is sacred to Hindus and Godavari delta are the second largest mangrove formation in the country.
Which is the oldest river in India?
Narmada- the oldest one river of India. Narmada river is considered as the oldest rivers in the earth. Fossils of millions of years old and flora of animals are found in large numbers in the Narmada Valley.
Which is the biggest dam in India?
Tehri Dam on Bhagirathi river is the biggest, highest and tallest dam in India and also the eighth highest dam in the world, located at Uttarakhand.
- Tehri Dam – Uttarakhand.
- Bhakra Nangal Dam – Himachal Pradesh.
- Sardar Sarovar Dam – Gujarat.
- Hirakud Dam – Odisha.
- NagarjunaSagar Dam – Telangana.
Who is the biggest river in world?
10 Longest Rivers In The World
- Nile River, North-East Africa – 6,650 km (4,132 miles).
- Amazon River, South America – 6,400 km (3,976 miles).
- Yangtze River, China – 6,300 km (3,917 miles).
- Mississippi – Missouri – Jefferson, North America – 6,275 km (3,902 miles).
- Yenisei – Angara – Selenge, Asia – 5,539km (3,445 miles).
Which is the deepest river of India?
- The deepest river in India is Brahmaputra.
- The maximum depth of this river is 380 ft .
- Brahmaputra to originates from China and enters India.
- Major tributary of Brahmaputra river in India is river Subansari.
Which is the most famous river in India?
The Indus River is the longest river in India and flows through Pakistan. The Ganges is also one of the longest rivers in the country and considered the most sacred river in India due to the mythological beliefs associated with it. The Yamuna River is a tributary of Ganges and has sacred values.
Which is the biggest river in South India?
South India Rivers
- It is second largest river of India.
- It is also called the Southern Ganges (dakshin ganga)
- Jayakwadi Dam built on Godavari is one of the largest earthen dam of India.
Which Indian state has no river?
Not a single Indian state is there without rivers . Major rivers like ganga,yamuna,godavari,etc is not flowing but small rivers are flowing in every states.
What is the deepest river in the world?
How many rivers are in India?
There are nine important rivers of India and they are: The Ganges, Yamuna (a tributary of Ganges), Brahmaputra, Mahanadi, Narmada, Godavari, Tapi, Krishna, and Kaveri. Parts of the Indus River also flow over Indian soil. Eight important rivers together with their various tributaries comprise the river system of India.
Which is the smallest river in the world?
Which is the fastest river in India?
What is the smallest river in India?
Arvari river is a small river in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It just have 90 km of length and it also consider as the smallest river of India and flows through the Arvari District of Rajasthan. The Indus River is one of the longest rivers in India as well as in Asia.
Which is largest river in the world?
What’s the World’s Longest River?
- The Nile. Flowing northward through the tropical climate of eastern Africa and into the Mediterranean Sea, the Nile river is the longest river in the world at 4,135 miles (6,650 kilometers), according to the U.S. National Park Service.
- The Amazon.
- The Debate.
Where is the oldest river in the world?
It is generally accepted that the Nile is the oldest river in the world, yet based on geological evidence, the Finke River in Australia can also make a claim that it is the oldest river in the world.
Which is the most populated city in India?
5 Most Populated Cities in India
- Mumbai – 22.5 million. You shouldn’t be surprised to know that Mumbai is the most populated city, after all, Mumbai is “Sapno ki Nagri”.
- Delhi – 18.6 million.
- Bengaluru – 10.1 million.
- Hyderabad – 8.7 million.
- Ahmedabad – 6.3million.
What is the youngest river in the world?
The Top Ten: Longest Rivers of the World
|4.||Chang Jiang (Yangtze)||3,602|
6 more rows
Photo in the article by “विकिपीडिया – Wikipedia”