The 10 Largest Cities in India
- Chennai – 8.7 million people.
- Bangalore – 8.5 million people.
- Hyderabad – 7.75 million people.
- Ahmedabad – 6.3 million people.
- Pune – 5.0 million people.
- Surat – 4.5 million people.
- Jaipur – 3.1 million people. Jaipur is the largest city in the state of Rajasthan and its capital city as well.
Which is the second largest city in India?
Some 108 million people live in India’s largest cities
|Rank||City / Urban area||Population|
31 more rows
What are the 10 largest cities in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Manila – 12.8 million.
Which is the No 1 city in India?
Which is the best city in India 2018?
10 Best Indian Cities to Live and Work [2018: Latest List]
- Pune, Maharashtra.
- Bangalore (Bengaluru), Karnataka.
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- New Delhi.
- Surat, Gujarat.
- Chandigarh. Chandigarh is one of the best planned cities in India.
- Gandhinagar. Gandhinagar is one of the best travel destinations in Gujarat.
Which is the cleanest city in India?
So here are the top 10 cleanest cities in India.
- Mysore (Mysuru) The largest city state of Karnataka, Mysore topped the cleanest city list, emerging with the no.
- Navi Mumbai.
- Kochi (Cochin)
Which is the largest metro city in India?
Metro Cities In India
|1||National Capital Region (NCR)||46,049,032|
|2||Mumbai Metropolitan Region||20,800,000|
|3||Kolkata Metropolitan Area||14,720,000|
|4||Bangalore Metropolitan Region||10,576,167|
6 more rows
Which is the poorest city in India?
10 Poorest states in India are as follows:
- Assam: Nearly 31.98% of the people in Assam are below the poverty line.
- Madhya Pradesh: Poverty in Madhya Pradesh is around 31.65%.
- Uttar Pradesh: The poverty in UP is 29.43%.
- Karnataka: Percentage of people below poverty line is 20.91%.
Which is the richest city in India 2018?
Top 10 richest City in India – The Fast Growing Cities of India
- Mumbai. Commercial capital of India is the leading trade center of the world.
- Delhi. National capital of India contributes 4.94% of the total country’s GDP, whereas the per capita income is of Rs.78, 690/-.
Which is the safest city in India?
Top 10 Safest Cities in India To Live & Work In For Women
- mumbai. Mumbai, earlier known as Bombay, is the capital of Maharashtra and the largest city of India.
- ahmedabad. Ahmedabad is one of the largest metropolitan cities in India and is voted the safest city of the country.
Which is the richest city in India?
Top 10 Richest Cities of India Based on GDP
- Mumbai. Mumbai is the wealthiest city in India with the highest (GDP) of $209 Billion (USD) of any other city and also has the highest number of billionaires and millionaires in India.
Which is the cheapest place to live in India?
India has some of the world’s cheapest cities to live in: EIU
- Bengaluru, Chennai, and New Delhi ranked among the world’s ten cheapest cities in a ranking released by EIU.
- Amongst the most expensive cities in the world, Singapore and Hong Kong topped the rankings, along with Paris, followed by Zurich and Geneva.
Which is the clean city in India?
Here are the top highlights of the Swachh Survekshan 2018: Indore in Madhya Pradesh has been declared the cleanest city in India. Madhya Pradesh’s capital Bhopal ranked as India’s second cleanest city for two years in a row. Chandigarh is the third cleanest city.
Which is the dirtiest city in India?
India’s 10 Cleanest & Dirtiest Cities List Out. Check Out Which City Topped The List
- Simari Bakhtiyarpur, Bihar.
- Champandi, West Bengal.
- Bansberia, West Bengal.
- Chandbali, Odisha.
- Khardah, West Bengal.
- Bidyabati, West Bengal.
- Panihati, West Bengal.
- Khoda Makanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
Which is the dirtiest country in the world?
Here is the list of these 10 dirtiest countries.
- Pakistan. Pakistan is the most polluted country in the world.
- Qatar. Qatar is rich in oil reserves.
- Afghanistan. Afghanistan is also known as the most dangerous country in the world.
- Bangladesh. Bangladesh is developing country.
- United Arab Emirates.
Which is the greenest city in India?
Top 10 Green Cities In India
- JAIPUR. The pink city of Rajasthan is a smart and well-planned city.
- DEHRADUN. Dehradun harbors few of the most well known and prestigious schools and colleges of India.
- SHIMLA. Shimla is the capital and also the largest city of the state Himachal Pradesh.
Which is the most developing city in India?
Top 35 Fastest Developing and Emerging Cities of India
- Banglore. Banglore is the IT capital of India and also referred as the Silicon Valley of India.
- Pune. Pune city has emerged as a major educational and IT hub as well as economic base for other industries.
What is the nicest city in India?
7 Best Indian Cities To Live In 2016
- Hyderabad. Hyderabad is the best Indian city to stay in, emerged as the foremost centre of culture in India.
- Pune. Pune has been selected as the second best Indian city to live in,considered as the cultural capital of Maharashtra.
- New Delhi.
Which metro city is best in India?
Here is a list of top 12 famous and best metropolitan cities in India 2018:
- Indore. Indore is the largest city in the state of Madhya Pradesh, which is also known for commerce, research, finance, entertainment, technology, and fashion.
Which is the crime city of India?
Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore have accounted for 16.2%, 9.5% and 8.1% respectively of the total IPC crimes reported from 35 mega cities. Indore reported the highest crime rate (769.1) among the mega cities in India followed by Bhopal (719.5) and Jaipur (597.1).
Which is the most dangerous city in India?
The Most Dangerous Cities in India
Which is the safest city for girls in India?
Top 10 Safest Cities of India In 2019 (Lower Crime Rate)
- Delhi. Delhi holds the tenth position on the rundown as being the capital of the nation it is not sheltered as it ought to be.
- Jaipur. Jaipur, the biggest city of Rajasthan, is India’s initially arranged city.
Which Indian River is the longest?
Which is the beautiful city in India?
Beautiful cities in India
- Srinagar is the northernmost city in India.
- Jaipur is the biggest city in the state of Rajasthan and is the state’s capital.
- Agra is home to one of the seven wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal.
- Pondicherry was once a colony of France in India.
- Udaipur is located in the state of Rajasthan.
Which city has the best weather in India?
According to me, Bangalore has the best weather in comparison to other metropolitan cities in India.
Some City which have all season such as summer, rainy, Autumn, fall, winter, spring with their average law and high temperature are:
- Delhi (7.5/39.5)
- Kolkata( 14/36)
- Bhubaneswar ( 15.5/37.5)
Which state is danger in India?
Which state is not safe in India?
Indian states and territories ranked by safety of women
|S.No||State/UT||Rate of Cognizable Crimes (2016)|
32 more rows
Which is the safest state in India?
- Goa, The Safest! Well, the results are quite unexpected here, as the safest state according to the Gender Vulnerability Index is Goa.
- Kerala. Kerala, which is ranked second, has a GVI of 0.634.
- Mizoram. The North-Eastern states have always been a topic of discussion.
- Himachal Pradesh.
Photo in the article by “Naval Sea Systems Command – Navy.mil”