Who is the biggest river in India?
Which is the longest river of India – Ganges or Brahmaputra?
- The Ganges is the longest river of India, if we consider the total distance covered by a river within India.
- India is a land of rivers.
- The Ganges is the most sacred river to the Hindus.
- Unlike other rivers of India, the Brahmaputra (Son of Brahma) is perhaps the only river in India which has a male name.
What is the name of the main river in India?
Known as Ganga-(गँगा सतलुज का मैदान), this area is drained by 16 major rivers. The major Himalayan Rivers are the Indus, Ganges, and Brahmaputra. These rivers are long, and are joined by many large and important tributaries.
What is the most famous river in India?
What are the five major rivers in India?
Major River System in India
- 1 Indus River System.
- 2 Brahmaputra River System.
- 3 Ganga River System.
- 4 Yamuna River System.
- 5 Narmada River System.
- 6 Tapti River System.
- 7 Godavari River System.
- 8 Krishna River System.
Which is the oldest river in India?
Narmada- the oldest one river of India. Narmada river is considered as the oldest rivers in the earth. Fossils of millions of years old and flora of animals are found in large numbers in the Narmada Valley.
What is the smallest river in India?
Arvari river is a small river in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It just have 90 km of length and it also consider as the smallest river of India and flows through the Arvari District of Rajasthan. The Indus River is one of the longest rivers in India as well as in Asia.
Which Indian state has no river?
Not a single Indian state is there without rivers . Major rivers like ganga,yamuna,godavari,etc is not flowing but small rivers are flowing in every states.
Which is the most populated city in India?
5 Most Populated Cities in India
- Mumbai – 22.5 million. You shouldn’t be surprised to know that Mumbai is the most populated city, after all, Mumbai is “Sapno ki Nagri”.
- Delhi – 18.6 million.
- Bengaluru – 10.1 million.
- Hyderabad – 8.7 million.
- Ahmedabad – 6.3million.
Which is the biggest river in world?
Here is a list of five longest rivers of the world
- Nile River: The longest river in the world. Nile River: the longest river in the world (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Amazon River: Second longest and the largest by water flow. Amazon River (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Yangtze River: The longest river in Asia.
Which is the hottest river of India?
Below is the list of most popular hot springs of India:
- Panamik in Nubra valley: It is the most northern hot spring present in Panamik, a small village near siachen glacier, located at 150 m from town Leh.
- Kheer Ganga hot water spring:
- Manikaran Sahib:
- Tattapani hot water spring:
Which is the fastest river in India?
What is the biggest and most sacred river in India?
The 7 Most Sacred Rivers of India
- Ganga River. The Ganges, originates in the Himalayas at Gaumukh flowing into the bay of Bay of Bengal is the most sacred river of India and the longest river in India.
- Yamuna River.
- Sarasvati River.
- Narmada River.
- Kshipra River.
- Godavari River.
- Kaveri River.
Which is the cleanest river of India?
Umngot river at dawki village of Meghalaya is considered to be the India’s cleanest river. River Umngot in Jaintia Hills district is located 96 km from Shillong and the annual boat race is a major attraction.
Which is the 2nd largest river in India?
Godavari – 1,465 km. The Godavari is the second longest river in India after the river Ganga and also forms one of the largest river basins in India. The River is sacred to Hindus and Godavari delta are the second largest mangrove formation in the country.
Which is the largest river in world?
What’s the World’s Longest River?
- The Nile. Flowing northward through the tropical climate of eastern Africa and into the Mediterranean Sea, the Nile river is the longest river in the world at 4,135 miles (6,650 kilometers), according to the U.S. National Park Service.
- The Amazon.
- The Debate.
Which is the oldest river in the world?
Due to this, there is often a lot of debate over which river in the world is the oldest.
Overall, the oldest rivers in the world are over 300 million years old and formed during a time of high geological activity.
- Nile River.
- Colorado River.
- Susquehanna River.
- French Broad River.
- New River.
- Finke River.
What is the youngest river in the world?
The Top Ten: Longest Rivers of the World
|4.||Chang Jiang (Yangtze)||3,602|
6 more rows
Whats the oldest river in the world?
Like the New River, it is deprived of ancient fossils that many younger rivers have. It is generally accepted that the Nile is the oldest river in the world, yet based on geological evidence, the Finke River in Australia can also make a claim that it is the oldest river in the world.
Which is the biggest dam in India?
Tehri Dam on Bhagirathi river is the biggest, highest and tallest dam in India and also the eighth highest dam in the world, located at Uttarakhand.
- Tehri Dam – Uttarakhand.
- Bhakra Nangal Dam – Himachal Pradesh.
- Sardar Sarovar Dam – Gujarat.
- Hirakud Dam – Odisha.
- NagarjunaSagar Dam – Telangana.
Which is the smallest city in India?
Top 10 Least Populated Cities of India
7 more rows
What is the biggest in India?
Gol Gumbaz situated in Bijapur of Karnataka is the largest dome in India. Buland Darwaza at Fatehpur Sikri is the tallest and highest gateway in India. Delhi to Kolkata is the longest Electric Railway Line of India. Southern Birdwing is the largest butterfly species of India, endemic to south Indian states.
Which is the cleanest city in India?
So here are the top 10 cleanest cities in India.
- Mysore (Mysuru) The largest city state of Karnataka, Mysore topped the cleanest city list, emerging with the no.
- Navi Mumbai.
- Kochi (Cochin)
Which is the richest city in India?
Top 10 Richest Cities of India Based on GDP
- Mumbai. Mumbai is the wealthiest city in India with the highest (GDP) of $209 Billion (USD) of any other city and also has the highest number of billionaires and millionaires in India.
Which is the biggest metro city in India?
The Largest MetroPolitan Cities in India are as follows: 10. The Pink City – Jaipur (Population- 30.73 lakhs): Jaipur is the capital city of Rajasthan.
What is the deepest river in the world?
Which is the longest river in the Asia?
Which is the smallest river in the world?
Which is biggest river in India?
The Indus River is the longest river of India, total length of the Indus from its source (Tibetan Plateau) is 3200 km.
Several of these rivers of India also offer a bright range of adventure activities.
- Indus River.
- The Ganges River.
- Godavari River.
- Krishna River.
- Yamuna River.
- Narmada River.
- Mahanadi River.
- Kaveri River.
Which is the longest river in India?
Which is the largest river in the Asia?
This list highlights the Asian continent’s thirty longest rivers:
- Yangtze – 3,915 miles.
- Yellow – 3,395 miles.
- Mekong – 3,050 miles.
- Lena – 2,734 miles.
- Irtysh – 2,640 miles.
- Yenisei – 2,540 miles.
- Ob – 2,268 miles.
- Lower Tunguska, 1,857 miles.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”