Largest Cities In Africa By Population
|Rank||Largest Cities In Africa||Estimated Metro Population|
|1||Lagos, Nigeria||21.0 million people|
|2||Cairo, Egypt||20.4 million people|
|3||Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo||13.3 million people|
|4||Luanda, Angola||6.5 million people|
11 more rows
What is the largest city in Africa?
What is the largest city in Africa by land mass?
While it is not the capital, the urban area based around Lagos, Nigeria has a population of 11.4 million. In land area, Cairo (104 square miles) and Lagos (56 square miles) are generally considered the largest in Africa.
Is Ibadan the largest city in Africa?
Ibadan – Largest City in West Africa. Ibadan is the capital and most populous city of Oyo State, Nigeria. With a population of over 3 million, it is the third most populous city in Nigeria after Lagos and Kano; it is the country’s largest city by geographical area.
What is the most modern city in Africa?
Dar Es Salaam is the capital of Tanzania and like the name goes, one of the most peaceful city in Africa. But much more than being peaceful, Dar Es Salaam is among the most developed cities in Africa one of the economic hub of the continent.
Which is the richest city in Africa?
GALLERY: The wealthiest cities in Africa
- Accra Total city wealth US$38 billion.
- Johannesburg Total city wealth: US$276 billion.
- Cape Town Total city wealth US$155 billion.
- Cairo Tota city wealth: US$140 billion.
- Lagos Total city wealth: US$108 billion.
- Durban Total city wealth: US$55 billion.
- Nairobi Total city wealth US$54 billion.
What is the most common language in Africa?
It is also worth noting that most of the countries that speak Arabic in Africa are have Islam as the majority religion. Swahili or Kiswahili is the second most popularly spoken language on the Continent. This is a Bantu language that is spoken as the first language among the Swahili people of East Africa.
What is the wealthiest country in Africa?
Algeria – $15,000. Algeria, the largest country in Africa by land area, is located in the Northern part of the continent. It is the 6th richest country in Africa with a GDP per capita of $15,000. The country has a population of over 40 million.
What country are the 3 largest cities in Africa?
15 Biggest Cities In Africa
- Lagos, Nigeria – 21 million.
- Cairo, Egypt – 20.4 million. Cairo is Egypt’s largest city and its capital.
- Kinshasa, DR Congo – 13.3 million.
- Luanda, Angola – 6.5 million.
- Nairobi, Kenya – 3.5 million People.
- Mogadishu, Somalia – 2.1 million people.
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast – 4.707 million.
- Alexandria, Egypt – 4.7 million.
What is the smallest city in Africa?
The smallest nation in continental mainland of Africa is The Gambia. The smallest nations of Africa are also some of the least populated African countries. Seychelles, the smallest country by area (451 square km), is also the least populated sovereign African nation with a population of about 94,228 people.
What is the largest island in Africa?
Which country is the largest in Africa?
What is the biggest city in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Manila – 12.8 million.
What is the nicest city in Africa?
Here are the 15 best cities to live in Africa:
- Johannesburg, South Africa. Johannesburg is one of the wealthiest modern cities in Africa; it has a lot of investment and career opportunities.
- Windhoek, Namibia.
- Tunis, Tunisia.
- Nairobi, Kenya.
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Cape Town, South Africa.
- Kigali, Rwanda.
- Kumasi, Ghana.
Which country is the most beautiful in Africa?
Top 20 Most Beautiful African Countries
- EGYPT. Egypt is another beautiful country in Africa.
- MOROCCO. Morroco is in the North of Africa bordering the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea.
- KENYA. Kenya is among the popular countries in Africa and it is well known for its beauty and development.
- IVORY COAST.
What is the nicest country in Africa?
The Best African Countries to Visit for Vacation in 2019
- Morocco. Located in Northern Africa, Morocco has so much to offer.
- Zambia. Zambia is a gorgeous country which has so much to see.
- Tanzania. Tanzania is a country rich with nature reserves and natural beauty.
- South Africa. South Africa is an adventure lover’s paradise.
What is the poorest city in Africa?
Poorest Countries In Africa
- Central African Republic – $681 per year.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo – $785 per year.
- Burundi – $808 per year.
- Liberia – $867 per year.
- Niger – $1,153 per year.
- Malawi – $1,172 per year.
- Mozambique – $1,266 per year.
- Eritrea – $1,434 per year.
Which is the fastest growing city in Africa?
Nairobi is the second fastest growing city in Africa, a new report by the African Development Bank shows. The financial institution’s Tracking Africa’s Progress report, released on Monday, places the Kenyan capital behind Dar es Salaam as the continent’s fastest growing cities.
Which is the most developed country in Africa?
Here are Africa’s most developed countries in 2018
- Seychelles passport.
- Mauritius has the highest life expectancy in Africa with people living as long as 75 years.
- Tunisia is the fourth developed country in Africa.
- This North African country is one of the most developed nations on the continent.
- Southern Africa has amazing waterfalls.
Which African language is easiest to learn?
Although African in nature, its origins are much more multi-cultural. The Swahili language is heavily influenced by Arabic and Indo-European languages such as Portuguese, German, English and French. Learning Swahili is actually fairly easy as it has simple grammar structures and fairly easy to remember vocabulary.
Do most Africans speak English?
However, in all of Africa — a population of about 1.2 billion — only 6.5 million people speak English as their native language. In total, around 700 million Africans speak English, including those who speak it as a foreign language.
What language does Africa speak?
Major Horn of Africa languages are Amharic, Oromo and Somali. Important South African languages are Zulu, Xhosa and Afrikaans. English, French and Portuguese are important languages in Africa. About 130 million, 115 million and 35 million Africans, respectively, speak them as either native or secondary languages.
Which state is the largest city in Africa by population?
Lagos city is Nigeria’s largest city and the most populous city in Africa with a population of over 21 million.
What is the most popular city in Africa?
Most Visited Cities in Africa
- Johannesburg. Johannesburg is the biggest city in South Africa and the most visited city in Africa.
- Cape Town. Cape Town is considered the second most popular tourist destination in Africa with 1.6 million tourists visiting the city in 2014.
- Cairo. Cairo is one of the most visited cities in the Northern part of Africa.
Are there any cities in Africa?
Some of the largest African countries, such as Nigeria and South Africa, have multiple cities with very large populations. In addition to Lagos, Nigeria is home to the cities of Kano and Ibadan, both of which have around 3.5 million residents, making them huge cities in their own right.
Which country in Africa has the smallest population?
The 10 Least Populated Countries in Africa
- Seychelles – 97,000. Seychelles is the least populated country in Africa, with a population of only 97,000 people.
- Sao Tome & Principe – 194,000.
- Cape Verde – 525,000.
- Comoros – 783,000.
- Djibouti – 961,000.
- Swaziland – 1,119,00.
- Mauritius – 1,263,000.
- Guinea-Bissau – 1,788,000.
What is the most common type of farming in Africa?
Maize Mixed Farming System. This method of farming is one of the most common on the African continent. The places of its most significant application are the eastern and southern part of the continent, namely: Kenya.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”