Adherent estimates in 2012
17 more rows
- 1 What are the top 5 religions in the world?
- 2 What are the 12 major religions of the world?
- 3 Which religion is spreading fast in the world?
- 4 Which religion has most converts?
- 5 Which is the No 1 religion in the world?
- 6 Which religion came first in the world?
- 7 What are the 3 types of religion?
- 8 What is it called when you believe in God but not religion?
- 9 Which country is the most non religious?
- 10 Which country has the most Muslims?
- 11 What is the fastest growing religion in Russia?
- 12 Which religion is growing faster in India?
- 13 Which is the fastest growing religion in Australia?
- 14 Which religion has most converts in India?
- 15 What is forced religion?
- 16 Which country has the most Christians?
- 17 What religion are the Tamil Tigers?
- 18 What are the top 10 religions in the United States?
- 19 Which religion came first Hinduism or Christianity?
- 20 Which is the first language in the world?
- 21 How old is the Catholic religion?
- 22 Who was the first atheist?
- 23 Who is a famous deist?
- 24 What religion believes in God only?
- 25 What country is the most atheist?
- 26 What is the most atheist state?
- 27 How did Rama died?
What are the top 5 religions in the world?
Largest religious groups
- Christianity (31.5%)
- Islam (23.2%)
- Hinduism (15.0%)
- Buddhism (7.1%)
- Folk religions (5.9%)
What are the 12 major religions of the world?
There are twelve classical world religions—those religions most often included in history of world religion surveys and studied in world religions classes: Baha’i, Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Judaism, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoism, and Zoroastrianism.
Which religion is spreading fast in the world?
Islam: The world’s fastest growing religion. Islam is the world’s second-largest religion, after Christianity. But this could change if the current demographic trends continue, according to research published by the US-based Pew Research Center.
Which religion has most converts?
Studies and reports estimate significantly more people have converted from Islam to Christianity in the 21st century than at any other point in Islamic history. According to 2015 Believers in Christ from a Muslim Background: A Global Census study estimates 10.2 million Muslim convert to Christianity around the world.
Which is the No 1 religion in the world?
Adherent estimates in 2012
17 more rows
Which religion came first in the world?
Religion in China & India. This principle of order is also paramount in the world’s oldest religion still being practiced today: Hinduism (known to adherents as Sanatan Dharma, ‘Eternal Order’). Although often viewed as a polytheistic faith, Hinduism is actually henotheistic.
What are the 3 types of religion?
Judaism, Christianity and Islam, the three major monotheistic religions, all originated in what is known today as the Arab World. Monotheism literally means “the belief in only one God”. The central values of family, charity, and respect for others are shared by these three religions.
What is it called when you believe in God but not religion?
Agnosticism is the doctrine or tenet of agnostics with regard to the existence of anything beyond and behind material phenomena or to knowledge of a First Cause or God, and is not a religion.
Which country is the most non religious?
|Country||Percentage of population that is non-religious|
74 more rows
Which country has the most Muslims?
In the Middle East, the non-Arab countries of Iran and Turkey are the largest Muslim-majority countries; in Africa, Egypt and Nigeria have the most populous Muslim communities. The study found more Muslims in the United Kingdom than in Lebanon and more in China than in Syria.
What is the fastest growing religion in Russia?
Evangelicalism and Catholicism (among Russians) are relatively recent additions to Christianity in Russia.
- Orthodox Christianity.
- Protestantism and other Christians.
Which religion is growing faster in India?
India. Islam is the fastest-growing religion in India. Growth rate of Muslims has been consistently higher than the growth rate of Hindus, even since the census data of independent India has been available.
Which is the fastest growing religion in Australia?
According to the time series data released with the 2016 census, the fastest growing religious classifications over the ten years between 2006 and 2016 were:
- No religion – up from 18.7% to 30.1%
- Hinduism – up from 0.7% to 1.9%
- Islam – up from 1.7% to 2.6%
- Sikhism – up from 0.1% to 0.5%
Which religion has most converts in India?
What is forced religion?
Forced conversion is adoption of a different religion or irreligion under duress. Some who have been forced to convert may continue, covertly, with the beliefs and practices originally held, while outwardly behaving as converts.
Which country has the most Christians?
The United States has the largest Christian population in the world, followed by Brazil and Mexico.
What religion are the Tamil Tigers?
As the Tamil Tiger war progressed, Sinhalese Buddhism became more radicalised. Some Sinhalese claimed that all of Sri Lanka should be exclusively Buddhist. With the Tamil Tigers defeated, Sri Lanka’s non-Buddhist communities were again persecuted.
What are the top 10 religions in the United States?
- Religion in the United States (2016) Protestantism (48.9%) Roman Catholicism (23.0%) Mormonism (1.8%) No religion (18.2%) Judaism (2.1%) Islam (0.8%)
- Religion in the United States, Gallup, 18+ (2016) Protestantism (48.9%) Roman Catholicism (23.0%) Mormonism (1.8%) No religion (18.2%) Judaism (2.1%) Muslim (0.8%)
Which religion came first Hinduism or Christianity?
Hinduism is the world’s oldest religion, according to many scholars, with roots and customs dating back more than 4,000 years. Today, with about 900 million followers, Hinduism is the third-largest religion behind Christianity and Islam.
Which is the first language in the world?
Chinese: Chinese is the single most spoken language in the world today with around 1.2 billion people wh consider it their first language. The written origins of the language have been traced back to 1250 BC in the late Shang dynasty. Along with Tamil, Chinese is one of the oldest surviving languages in the world.
How old is the Catholic religion?
The Roman Catholic Church. The Catholic Church is the oldest institution in the western world. It can trace its history back almost 2000 years.
Who was the first atheist?
Later writers have cited Diagoras as the “first atheist”, but he was probably not an atheist in the modern sense of the word. Somewhat later (c. 300 BCE), the Cyrenaic philosopher Theodorus of Cyrene is supposed to have denied that gods exist and wrote a book On the Gods expounding his views.
Who is a famous deist?
Founders who fall into the category of Christian Deists include Washington (whose dedication to Christianity was clear in his own mind), John Adams, and, with some qualifications, Thomas Jefferson. Jefferson was more influenced by the reason-centred Enlightenment than either Adams or Washington.
What religion believes in God only?
The concept of ethical monotheism, which holds that morality stems from God alone and that its laws are unchanging, first occurred in Judaism, but is now a core tenet of most modern monotheistic religions, including Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Islam, Sikhism, and Bahá’í Faith.
What country is the most atheist?
What is the most atheist state?
According to a 2011 Gallup poll, the state with the greatest percentage of respondents identifying as “very religious” was Mississippi (59%), and the state with the smallest percentage were Vermont and New Hampshire (23%), while Florida (39%) and Minnesota (40%) were near the median.
How did Rama died?
In these revisions, the death of Sita leads Rama to drown himself. Through death, he joins her in afterlife. Rama dying by drowning himself is found in the Myanmar version of Rama’s life story called Thiri Rama.
Photo in the article by “Picryl”