The great sardar sarovar is one of the largest water reservoir in India with an capacity by volume of 7,701,775 acre.
The man made lake of sardar sarovar dam is almost completed and,Its the largest project of the Narmada Valley.
Which is the largest reservoir in India?
Indira Sagar in the Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh is the largest reservoir in India. The Dam is a multipurpose Project on the Narmada river with capacity of 12.22 billion cubic metres.
Which dam is highest in India?
Tehri Dam on Bhagirathi river is the biggest, highest and tallest dam in India and also the eighth highest dam in the world, located at Uttarakhand.
- Tehri Dam – Uttarakhand.
- Bhakra Nangal Dam – Himachal Pradesh.
- Sardar Sarovar Dam – Gujarat.
- Hirakud Dam – Odisha.
- NagarjunaSagar Dam – Telangana.
Which is the biggest lake in India?
Which state has most lakes in India?
List of Famous/Major/Important Natural & Artificial Lakes in India
- Kolleru Lake – Andhra Pradesh. One of the Largest fresh water lake in India.
- Sambhar Lake – Rajasthan.
- Pushkar Lake – Rajasthan.
- Wular Lake – Jammu Kashmir.
- Pulicat Lake- Andhra Pradesh.
- Loktak Lake -Manipur.
- Sasthamcotta Lake – Kerala.
- Vembanad Lake -Kerala.
Which is the biggest dam in Kerala?
Top 5 Most Popular Dams in Kerala
- While many people still do not know about Hydel Tourism, Kerala is busy promoting this form of tourism.
- The Malampuzha dam forms the largest reservoir of the state of Kerala.
- Idukki dam is known as one of the highest arch dams of Asia.
Which is the largest man made lake in India?
Gobind Ballabh Pant Sagar
On which river Bhakra Nangal dam is built?
Which is the smallest dam in India?
Largest, Highest, Longest and Smallest in India Traditional GK
|Highest Dam||Bhakra Dam (over Sutlej river in Punjab)|
|Longest River of South India||Godavari|
|Longest Tunnel||Jawahar Tunnel (in Jammu and Kashmir)|
|Longest National Highway||NH-7 (Varanasi to Kanyakumari)|
|Highest Mountain Peak||K2, also known as Godwin Austin|
36 more rows
Who is the longest dam of India?
Which is the cleanest lake in India?
9 Most Cleanest Rivers and Lakes in India
- Teesta River – One of the cleanest rivers in India.
- Kareri Lake – Fresh Water Lake.
- Pangong-Tso, Ladakh – Biggest Lakes in Asia.
- Chandra Taal, Spiti – Clearest Lake in India.
- Tuipui River, Mizoram – Purest river in India.
- Gurudongmar Lake, Sikkim – One of the Highest Lakes in the World.
Which is the most beautiful lake in India?
The 10 Most Beautiful Lakes in India
- Damdama Lake – Haryana.
- Dal Lake – Kashmir.
- Pichola Lake – Udaipur.
- Gurudongmar Lake – Sikkim.
- Chilka Lake – Odisha.
- Vembanad Lake – Kerala.
- Bhimtal Lake – Uttarakhand.
- Upper lake – Madhya Pradesh. Upper lake is the largest artificial lake in Asia, situated in “City of Lakes” called Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Which is the longest salt lake in India?
Which is the deepest lake in India?
Which is the largest salt water lake in India?
Sambhar lake of Rajasthan is India’s largest inland salt water lake and Chilka lake is the India’s largest brackish water saline lake, Here is the list of notable salt water lakes of India.
Which is the second largest lake in India?
Chilka lake is the largest Non-Freshwater lake in India and it is the world’s 2nd largest brackish water Lagoon. On the other hand Wular lake is referred to the largest fresh water lake of India.
Which is the oldest dam in Kerala?
Which is the biggest river in Kerala?
Which state has more dams in India?
Which is the largest sweet water lake of India?
Which is largest man made lake?
Top Largest Man-Made Lakes in the World
- Krasnoyarsk Reservoir.
- Williston Lake.
- Lake Nasser.
- Lake Guri.
- Manicouagan Reservoir.
- Volta Reservoir.
- Bratsk Reservoir.
- Lake Kariba. Kariba is the Hydroelectric Dam in Kariba Gorge of the Zambezi River located between Zambia and Zimbabwe and it is the largest Man-Made Lake in the World.
Which is artificial lake of India?
Jaisamand Lake or Dhebar Lake is Asia’s second-largest artificial lake,Upper lake in Bhopal is the largest artificial lake in Asia.
How many Harbours are there in India?
The long coastline of India forms one of the biggest piece of land into a body of water,These twelve major Indian Ports are handle a large volume of cargo traffic and container traffic. There are total 13 major sea ports of India,out of 12 are government and one, Ennore port of Chennai is the corporate one.
Which is the largest river valley project of India?
Project (Himachal Pradesh) Largest multipurpose project in India and the highest straight gravity dam in the world (225.5 m high) on the river Sutlej. It is a joint undertaking by the Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh governments.
Which is the first dam in India?
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”