The Top 5 Largest Countries in Africa
- Algeria. Algeria is the largest country in Africa and the 10th largest country in the world.
- The Democratic Republic Of The Congo. The DRC is found in Central Africa.
- Sudan. Sudan covers a total area of 728,215 square miles.
What are the 10 largest countries in Africa?
Top 10 Largest African Countries
- 10) Ethiopia (1,104,300 square kilometers)
- 9) South Africa (1,219,090 square kilometers)
- Mali (1,240,192 square kilometers)
- 7) Angola (1,246,700 square kilometers)
- 6) Niger (1,267,000 square kilometers)
- 4) Libya (1,759,540 square kilometers)
- 2) Democratic Republic of the Congo (2,344,858 square kilometers)
Which is the smallest country in Africa?
Which country has the strongest economy in Africa?
List of African countries by GDP (nominal)
|2017 Rank||Country||Nominal GDP ($ billions)|
51 more rows
What is the richest country in Africa?
Which African country is around 90% desert?
|african nation that is over 90% desert|
|African country that’s more than 90% desert|
|Land that’s more than 90% desert|
41 more rows
What’s the biggest country in the world?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
What is the largest country in Africa in population?
The 10 Most Populated Countries in Africa
|4||Democratic Republic of the Congo||77,267,000|
6 more rows
What is the least populated country in Africa?
Who is the richest country in Africa 2018?
Richest countries in Africa in 2018
- Cape Verde.
- Republic of the Congo.
- Mauritania. This country primarily depends on livestock and agriculture, which is why it reached the high place in our richest country in Africa rating.
Which country is the richest in Africa 2019?
Richest African Countries 2019
- South Africa.
Which country in Africa has the strongest currency?
The 8 strongest currencies in Africa in 2019
- The Libyan dinar. The Libyan dinar is the strongest currency in Africa based on its exchange rate to the US dollar and its purchasing power.
- The Tunisian dinar.
- The Ghana cedis.
- The Moroccan dinar.
- The Botswana Pula.
- The Zambian kwacha.
- The Swazi Lilangeni.
- The South African Rands.
Which country will be the richest in 2050?
- 2 China – $25.33 trillion. The richest country in the world in 2050 is predicted to be China.
- 3 United States – $22.27 trillion.
- 4 India – $8.17 trillion.
- 5 Japan – $6.43 trillion.
- 6 Germany – $3.71 trillion.
- 7 United Kingdom – $3.58 trillion.
- 8 Brazil – $2.96 trillion.
- 9 Mexico – $2.81 trillion.
What is the richest country in Africa in 2017?
Top 10 wealthiest African countries according to GDP
- Nigeria. With a GDP of $376.284bn in 2017, Nigeria has the highest GDP in Africa on top of having the largest population.
- South Africa. South Africa has the second largest economy in Africa, after Nigeria, with a GDP of $349.299bn.
What is the most developed country in Africa?
Top 10 Most Developed Countries in Africa
- Seychelles. With approximately 95,500 inhabitants (2018), Seychelles drives most of its economic growth through tourism.
- South Africa.
Which African country has the most desert?
What African countries have the largest percentage of desert out of their land area? Taking a look at the greatest desert in Africa, the Sahara. Libya, Egypt, Western Sahara* and Mauritania can be said to have the largest percentage of desert land inside their boundaries.
How many countries are in the Sahara Desert?
What country has the most people?
What country are the 3 largest cities in Africa?
15 Biggest Cities In Africa
- Lagos, Nigeria – 21 million.
- Cairo, Egypt – 20.4 million. Cairo is Egypt’s largest city and its capital.
- Kinshasa, DR Congo – 13.3 million.
- Luanda, Angola – 6.5 million.
- Nairobi, Kenya – 3.5 million People.
- Mogadishu, Somalia – 2.1 million people.
- Abidjan, Ivory Coast – 4.707 million.
- Alexandria, Egypt – 4.7 million.
What are the countries of Africa in alphabetical order?
Here are the Names of the 54 Independent African Countries in Alphabetical Order:
- Burkina Faso.
- Cape Verde.
What country in Africa has the highest life expectancy?
Five Countries With the Longest Life Expectancy in Africa
- Algeria. Algeria has the highest life expectancy among African countries.
- Tunisia. With an average life expectancy of 75.3 years, Tunisia’s population enjoys the second highest longevity on the continent.
- Cape Verde.
What country in Africa has the lowest life expectancy?
How many African country do we have?
Which is the weakest currency in Africa?
Top 10 Weakest Currencies In Africa 2019
- Sao Tome And Principe Dobra (STD) This country has the lowest and poorest currency in the shore of Africa.
- Guinea Franc: The currency of Guinea is the Guinean franc (code: GNF).
- Sierra Leone Leon.
- Ugandan Shilling.
- Malagasy Ariary.
- Tanzanian Shilling:
- Burundi Franc:
- Congolese Franc.
Is Ghana currency bigger than Nigeria currency?
Naira and Cedis. If you consider the nominal price (actual amount) of the currency, then Cedis is more valuable than Naira. However, it does not prove that Nigerians earn less than Ghana citizens. International organizations agree that Nigerians should deal with the double exchange rate in the country.
What is the most common currency in Africa?
Official African Currencies
- Angola: Angolan kwanza (AOA)
- Botswana: Botswanan pula (BWP)
- Egypt: Egyptian pound (EGP)
- Equatorial Guinea: Central African CFA franc (XAF)
- Ethiopia: Ethiopian birr (ETB)
- Ghana: Ghanaian cedi (GHS)
- Kenya: Kenyan shilling (KES)
- Malawi: Malawian kwacha (MWK)
Photo in the article by “National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases – NIH”