From the number one supermarket in the USA to the UK’s National Health Service and India’s sprawling state railway company, we reveal the world’s 30 biggest employers.
- Kroger: 443,000 employees.
- Egyptian Armed Forces: 438,500 employees.
- Jardine Matheson: 430,000 employees.
Is the NHS the biggest employer in the UK?
Seventy years ago the NHS launched with a workforce of around 144,000. Since then, the health service has grown to become the single biggest employer in the UK, with 1.7 million workers across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, making it the fifth-largest workforce in the world.
Who is the largest employer?
Employment by company
|United States Largest Private Employers (as of 2017)|
|Rank||Employer||Global number of Employees|
22 more rows
What company employs the most workers in the UK?
Here are the employers that made its final cut:
- Abbott. Health technology company employing 94,000 staff to help people live the best life possible, through the power of health.
- Amadeus IT Services UK Ltd.
- BlackBerry UK Ltd.
- Canon Europe Limited.
- CHEP UK Ltd.
- DHL International (UK) Limited.
What is the largest public sector employer in the UK?
Public sector employers
|Department of Work and Pensions||2001||Welfare|
14 more rows
Is the NHS the biggest employer in Europe?
With approximately 1.7 million staff members, the NHS is Europe’s largest employer and the fifth biggest employer in the world.
What company has the most money?
Here are top 10 most valuable brands, according to the firm’s rankings:
- Amazon. Brand value: $150.8 billion.
- Apple. Brand value: $146.3 billion.
- Google. Brand value: $120.9 billion.
- Samsung. Brand value: $92.3 billion.
- Facebook. Brand value: $89.7 billion.
- AT&T. Brand value: $82.4 billion.
Who is the number 1 employer in the US?
Most famously, Wal-Mart Stores, which owns Walmart and Sam’s Club, employs roughly 2.2 million people worldwide and is the largest private employer in the United States.
What are the top 10 employers?
Top 10 Largest Employers in the USA
- The Company: Walmart. Number of Employees: 2.3 million.
- The Company: Amazon. Number of Employees: 541,900.
- The Company: Kroger. Number of Employees: 443,000.
- The Company: Yum! Brands.
- The Company: The Home Depot. Number of Employees: 406,000.
- The Company: IBM. Number of Employees: 380,000.
What is the largest single site employer in the world?
Below is a list of the largest global employers based on the number of employee headcount in the companies.
The World’s Largest Employers.
|1||United States Department of Defense||3.2|
|2||People’s Liberation Army (China)||2.3|
7 more rows
What is the richest company in the UK?
The special attention should be paid to the UK largest companies, which names are known not only in this country but all over the world.
2. Top companies in the UK by revenue
- Legal & General.
- HSBC Holdings.
- Prudential Public Limited Company.
- Royal Dutch Shell.
Who are the best employers in the UK?
Top Employers UK 2019
- UST Global Pvt Ltd.
- Valeo UK.
- Vauxhall Motors.
- Virtusa UK.
- Weightmans LLP.
- Whirlpool Corporation.
- Wythenshawe Community Housing Group.
Which company has the highest number of employees?
- China Post: 941,211 employees.
- Armed Forces of the Russian Federation: 1 million employees.
- United Kingdom National Health Service: 1.3 million employees.
- Walmart: 2.3 million employees.
- People’s Liberation Army: 2.35 million employees.
- United States Department of Defense: 2.87 million employees.
How many doctors are there in the UK?
According to the figures, the UK has 2.8 doctors for every 1000 people. The average across the 33 countries is 3.0.
Is BP British company?
BP plc (formerly The British Petroleum Company plc, British Petroleum and BP Amoco plc) is a British multinational oil and gas company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. In Russia, BP owns a 19.75% stake in Rosneft, the world’s largest publicly traded oil and gas company by hydrocarbon reserves and production.
Which sector is the largest employer?
The agricultural sector is the largest employer in the Indian economy.
Who are the UK’s biggest trading partners?
United Kingdom’s Top Trading Partners
- United States: US$64.4 billion (13.3% of total UK exports)
- Germany: $47 billion (9.7%)
- Netherlands: $33.3 billion (6.9%)
- France: $31.8 billion (6.6%)
- Ireland: $28.3 billion (5.9%)
- China: $27.5 billion (5.7%)
- Switzerland: $25.4 billion (5.2%)
- Belgium: $19.1 billion (4%)
What is biggest company in the world?
Here’s an updated 2018 list of the richest companies in the world for 2018.
- Toyota Motor – $254.7 billion revenue in 2017.
- Volkswagen – $240.3 billion revenue in 2017.
- Royal Dutch Shell – $240 billion revenue in 2017.
- Berkshire Hathway – $223.7 billion revenue in 2017.
- Apple Inc. –
- Exxon Mobil – $205 billion revenue in 2017.
How many NHS employees are there in the UK?
1.2 million staff
Is Amazon the richest company?
New York (CNN Business) Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has been the wealthiest person on the planet for more than a year. Now, Amazon is the most valuable company in the world. Bezos has a more-than-$40-billion lead over the world’s second richest person, Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates.
Who is the richest company in the world 2018?
The 100 largest companies in the world by market value in 2018 (in billion U.S. dollars)
|Ranking of the companies rank 1 to 100||Market value in billion U.S. dollars|
|Johnson & Johnson||341.3|
|Bank of America||313.5|
9 more rows
What is the richest cou?
The 25 Richest Countries in the World
|Rank||Country||GDP Per Capita (U.S. Dollars)|
26 more rows
Is the US military the largest employer?
The U.S. Department of Defense has been named the largest employer in the world with 3.2 million employees on its payroll, according to the World Economic Forum. The second largest is China’s People’s Liberation Army with 2.3 million on its staff roster and third biggest is Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Who is the biggest employer in the US?
Walmart is by far the largest employer in the United States, employing about 1.5 million Americans.
What is the largest private company in the world?
A total of 219 firms made the Forbes annual ranking of America’s largest private companies.
The Richest Private Companies in the World
- Enterprise Holdings. Revenue: $20.9 billion.
- HEB Grocery. Revenue: $23 billion.
- Reyes Holdings.
- C&S Wholesale Grocers.
- Bechtel Group.
What industry employs the most workers?
Employment by major industry sector
|Industry Sector||Thousands of Jobs||Percent Distribution|
|State and local government||19,241.2||12.4|
|Agriculture, forestry, fishing, and hunting(3)||2,111.2||1.5|
|Agriculture wage and salary||1,218.6||1.0|
27 more rows
Who is the biggest employer in India?
India’s eight biggest employers
- Indian Railways.
- State Bank of India.
- 8/9. IBM India Private Limited.
- Wipro. IT consulting company has over 1.34 lakh employees.
How many Walmarts are in the world?
The company’s presence has grown there to 2,412 total retail locations, including 263 Walmart Supercenters and 161 Sam’s Clubs. In all, 28 countries have a Walmart-owned brand, with 11,695 stores worldwide, according to the company.