Ranking of the ten most populated cities in France in 2017. Paris was in 2017 the most populated city in France with over 2 million inhabitants. Marseille and Lyon complete the podium.
What are the 5 most populated cities in France?
The 10 largest cities in France
- Paris. Paris is not only the capital of France, but with 2,249,975 people also the most populous city of the country. …
- Marseille. Marseille, France’s second largest city with a population of 850,636, is located on the Golfe du Lion, close to the coast. …
- Lyon. …
- Toulouse. …
- Nice. …
- Nantes. …
- Strasbourg. …
What are the Top 10 biggest cities in France?
Top 10 Largest Cities in France
- Strasbourg – 277,270.
- Montpellier – 277,639.
- Nantes – 303,382.
- Nice – 341,522.
- Toulouse – 471,941.
- Lyon – 513,275.
- Marseille – 861,635.
- Paris – 2,148,271.
What are the 3 largest cities in France?
Largest French cities classed by population of metropolitan area
|Rank||City||Population metropolitan area or urban area|
|3||Marseille* – Aix-en-Provence||1,727,070|
What are the largest cities in France by population?
France – 10 Largest Cities
|1||Paris , Île-de-France||2,138,551|
|2||Marseille , Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur||794,811|
|3||Lyon , Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes||472,317|
|4||Toulouse , Occitanie||433,055|
What is the nickname of France?
“The Republic,” the most patriotic term, refers to France by way of its republican constitution. Variation: la République française is the official name of the country and is commonly abbreviated as RF. Vive la République !
How many cities are in France in total?
Number of cities: 85 in France and 1 138 in the OECD.
What is the richest city in France?
How about the richest towns? The richest town happens to be the Paris suburb of Saint-Nom-La-Bretèche, where more than one in four households has an annual revenue over €100,000. Neuilly-sur-Seine (Hauts-de-Seine), comes just behind in second, where 23.5 percent of taxpayers reportedly earn more than six digits a year.
Is Paris bigger than London?
While Paris is the most densely populated city in Europe, with 21,000 inhabitants per square meter, it is tiny when compared to London. London covers an area of 600 square miles, while Paris is squeezed into 40 square miles. However, what the French consider Paris, foreigners theink of as central Paris.
What are 5 cities in France?
5 cities to explore in France
What are 3 cities in France?
- Paris. Searchable map and information about the city of Paris. …
- Bordeaux. Searchable map and information about the city of Bordeaux. …
- Cannes. Searchable map and information about the city of Cannes. …
- Lille. Searchable map and information about the city of Lille. …
- Lyon. …
- Marseille. …
- Montpellier. …
What city in France has the nickname Mars?
The city lies 129 km (80 mi) east-northeast of Paris. Its primary river, the Vesle, is a tributary of the Aisne. Founded by the Gauls, Reims became a major city during the period of the Roman Empire.
Is London the second biggest French city?
More French people live in London than in Bordeaux, Nantes or Strasbourg and some now regard it as France’s sixth biggest city in terms of population.
What are important cities in France?
16 Best Cities in France
- Paris. The Eiffel Tower and The Seine at sunrise. …
- Nice. Promenade des Anglais in Nice. …
- Lyon. Lyon. …
- Bordeaux. Bordeaux Cathedral. …
- Marseille. Vieux Port in Marseille. …
- Lille. Grand Place in Lille. …
- Aix-en-Provence. Charming, old street in Aix-en-Provence. …
- Rouen. Barthélémy square, Rouen, France.
30 июн. 2020 г.
What is the second city in France?
City Focus: Marseille, France’s Second City.
Is Paris bigger than Lille?
With more than 13 million inhabitants in 2017, the catchment area of Paris largely dominates the other urban areas. It is followed by the areas of Lyon, Marseille-Aix-en-Provence, Lille, Toulouse and Bordeaux, which have a population of more than one million.