What are the five largest cities in France?
The 10 largest cities in France
- Paris. Paris is not only the capital of France, but with 2,249,975 people also the most populous city of the country. …
- Marseille. Marseille, France’s second largest city with a population of 850,636, is located on the Golfe du Lion, close to the coast. …
- Lyon. …
- Toulouse. …
- Nice. …
- Nantes. …
- Strasbourg. …
What city is the 5th largest in France?
#5. Nice. Département of Alpes-Maritime, region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur. Located in the French Riviera, on the Mediterranean coast Nice lies at the foot of the Alps.
What are the largest cities in France by population?
France – 10 Largest Cities
|1||Paris , Île-de-France||2,138,551|
|2||Marseille , Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur||794,811|
|3||Lyon , Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes||472,317|
|4||Toulouse , Occitanie||433,055|
What are 5 cities in France?
5 cities to explore in France
What are the top 10 cities in France?
Top 10 Largest Cities in France
- Strasbourg – 277,270.
- Montpellier – 277,639.
- Nantes – 303,382.
- Nice – 341,522.
- Toulouse – 471,941.
- Lyon – 513,275.
- Marseille – 861,635.
- Paris – 2,148,271.
What city in France has the nickname Mars?
The city lies 129 km (80 mi) east-northeast of Paris. Its primary river, the Vesle, is a tributary of the Aisne. Founded by the Gauls, Reims became a major city during the period of the Roman Empire.
Is London the second biggest French city?
More French people live in London than in Bordeaux, Nantes or Strasbourg and some now regard it as France’s sixth biggest city in terms of population.
What is the nickname of France?
“The Republic,” the most patriotic term, refers to France by way of its republican constitution. Variation: la République française is the official name of the country and is commonly abbreviated as RF. Vive la République !
How many cities are in France in total?
Number of cities: 85 in France and 1 138 in the OECD.
What is the most populous city in France?
It reveals that Paris, was the most populated French city during 2016, with over two million inhabitants. Second in the ranking was the city of Marseille with about 862,200 inhabitants.
What are important cities in France?
16 Best Cities in France
- Paris. The Eiffel Tower and The Seine at sunrise. …
- Nice. Promenade des Anglais in Nice. …
- Lyon. Lyon. …
- Bordeaux. Bordeaux Cathedral. …
- Marseille. Vieux Port in Marseille. …
- Lille. Grand Place in Lille. …
- Aix-en-Provence. Charming, old street in Aix-en-Provence. …
- Rouen. Barthélémy square, Rouen, France.
30 июн. 2020 г.
What is France famous for?
- The Eiffel Tower. The Eiffel Tower is the symbol of the country, and one of the first things that pops into your head when you think of France. …
- The Louvre. …
- Notre-Dame de Paris. …
- Palace Of Versailles. …
- Moulin Rouge.
- Disneyland Paris. …
- Fashion. …
- Fine Wines.
What is the richest part of France?
Unsurprisingly, the greater Paris region of Ile-de-France is the richest in the country, even though the gap between richest and poorest is more striking than elsewhere.
What are cities called in France?
List of cities in France
|Commune||Department||Pop. 2013 census|
What language do they speak in France?