According to santorinidave.com
What are the largest Greek islands?
The largest Greek island by area is Crete, located at the southern edge of the Aegean Sea.
- Ithaki or Ithaca.
What is the nicest Greek island?
A complete guide to 20 beautiful Greek islands
- Santorini. You might feel like you’ve already been there; you’re bound to have seen the iconic shots of domed white-washed houses set against bright blue sea (if not, see below).
Which are the most beautiful Greek islands?
10 Stunning Greek Islands (That Aren’t Santorini or Mykonos)
- CORFU. The greenest of the Greek Isles, mountainous and heavily forested Corfu (also known as Kerkyra) is closer to Albania than Greece.
How many islands does Greece have?
Which is better Santorini or Mykonos?
Santorini is more romantic and much better suited to a honeymoon or couples vacation. Mykonos has great beaches with beautiful sand and turquoise water. Santorini does not have the typical white or golden sandy beaches that Greece is known for. The beaches on Santorini are made of volcanic rock.
Which Greek Island has the best beaches?
List with the best 10 beaches in Greece
- Balos beach in Crete. Balos in Crete island is the Carribean aspect of Greece.
- Myrtos beach in Kefalonia.
- Porto Katsiki beach in Lefkada.
- Navagio beach in Zakynthos.
- Agios Prokopios beach in Naxos.
- Super Paradise beach in Mykonos.
- Valtos beach in Parga.
- Kyra Panagia beach in Karpathos.
Can I drink the water in Greece?
Food & Water. The Greek products are famous all around the world for their excellent quality. As for the water, in Athens and other large towns, tap water is drinkable. However, in most islands and in few mainland towns, bottled water is recommended in order avoid health issues during your trip in Greece.
Where do couples go on holiday in Greece?
Best Greek Islands for a Couples Holiday
- Holidays to Santorini. Crete. The largest of all the Greek islands, Crete is one of the best Greek islands for a couples holiday.
- Holidays to Crete. Rhodes.
- Holidays to Rhodes. Corfu.
- Holidays to Corfu. Zakynthos (Zante)
Which Greek Island has the best food?
Which Greek Islands are the Best for Foodies?
- CRETE. Crete is known throughout as being source of some of the greatest food in the country.
Which is the quietest Greek island?
Which Are the Quietest Greek Islands for Escaping the Crowds?
- ITHACA. Head to the Ionian islands on the other side of Greece and you’ll find sleepy Ithaca (also known as Ithaka or Ithaki) nestled between Kefalonia and the mainland.
Which Greek island is the least touristy?
However, apart from the most popular Greek islands such as Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu and Paros, there are a number of other islands which are less touristy, yet extremely beautiful and worth visiting.
What is the best time to visit Greece?
Just about everyone agrees that the best time to visit is Greece is spring and early summer (mid-Apr to mid-June) or autumn (Sept to mid-Oct). This way, you’ll avoid the summer high season, with its inflated prices, hordes of tourists and high temperatures (heat waves of 100°F/+40C are routine).
Which is the best Greek island to visit?
Santorini – My favorite Greek Island.
- Best Greek Island for Honeymoon: Santorini.
- Best Greek Island to Party: Mykonos.
- Best Greek Island for Couples: Santorini • Paros.
- Best Greek Island for Singles: Ios • Mykonos.
- Best Greek Island for Beaches: Naxos • Mykonos • Ios • Crete.
- Best Greek Island for Families: Naxos.
How many islands do people live on in Greece?
What is the smallest island in Greece?
How many days do I need in Mykonos?
If you are planning a 10-days holidays in Greece then: Spend 5-6 days in Santorini, 2-3 days in Mykonos and 1-2 days in Athens (if you are flying through Athens)
How long do I need in Mykonos?
How many days do you need in Santorini and Mykonos?
I would agree with your Greek acquaintance and do 5 days in Santorini and 3 in Mykonos. Mykonos is great, but it’s more for the young because of the partying and beaches. In all actuality, it can be seen in 2 days.
Which Greek Island has the clearest water?
The Greek islands with the best beaches are Crete, Naxos, Paros, Ios, Milos, Mykonos, and Rhodes. But almost every island has at least a few great beaches.
The Best Beaches in Greece.
|Platys Gialos||Mykonos||Fun & Activity|
3 more rows
Which Greek Island has the best weather?
Best Greek Islands to Visit in September: All Greek islands are wonderful. Greek Islands Weather in October: Warm sunny days with a good chance of beach weather, little rain. Best Greek Islands to Visit in October: Crete, Santorini, Rhodes, Kos, Corfu, Naxos, Paros, and Mykonos.
Which is the sunniest Greek island?
Greek Islands – the most popular destinations
- Rhodes – the island of sunshine.
- Kos – one of Greece’s greatest islands.
- Crete – the largest island in Greece.
- Santorini – a dream in white and blue.
- Mykonos – the party island.
- Naxos – the largest island in the Cyclades.
- Corfu – the pearl of the Ionian Sea.
What is a typical breakfast in Greece?
The most important meal of the day in terms of nutrition, it was also the most filling. In western Crete, country people used to eat the traditional Greek breakfast of eggs with staka – the equivalent of clotted cream – to keep them going, while in Epirus and Macedonia, the fare was pies made with cheese and butter.
What foods do they eat in Greece?
Top 10 dishes to try in Greece
- Taramasalata. A mainstay of any Greek meal are classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic), melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée).
- Olives and olive oil.
- Grilled meat.
- Fresh fish.
- Courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes)
Is Greece safe to visit?
Greece is a very safe country to travel to. Tourists are unlikely to experience any crime or violence. The only concern is petty crime on the streets, but if you apply the basic precaution measures, your trip should go smoothly.
Which is the hottest Greek island in October?
On average, some of the hottest places to visit in October are:
- Sharm El Sheikh (28 °C)
- Lanzarote (26.8 °C)
- Cyprus (26.7 °C)
- Kos (26 °C)
- Gran Canaria (26.4 °C)
- Rio de Janeiro (23 °C)
- Algarve (23.2 °C)
- Rome (22.4 °C)
Which Greek island has no cars?
What are the cheapest Greek islands?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri │ © Irene Vlachou / Flickr.
- Porto Katsiki Beach, Lefkada │ PixaBay.
- Mandraki, Nisyros │ PixaBay.
- Church of the Seven Martyrs, Sifnos │ © Elisa Triolo / Flickr.
- Unique rock formations in Kimolos │ © Chris Booth / Flickr.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”