Cities by population density
42 more rows
What city has the highest population density in the world?
The World’s Most Densely Populated Cities
- Manila – 41,515 People/Sq Km. Manila is the earth’s most densely populated city proper and the capital city of Philippines.
- Mumbai – 28,508/Sq Km. Mumbai is the capital of the state of Maharashtra, India and a large city with over 12,478,447 residents.
- Dhaka – 28,410/Sq Km.
- Caloocan – 27,916/Sq Km.
- Chennai – 25,854/Sq Km.
What is the most densely populated city in the world 2018?
As of 2018, with 24.1 million inhabitants, Shanghai is the world’s most populous city, according to the data released by the City Mayors Foundation, while Beijing (18.6 million people) ranked number two on the list.
Which country has largest population density?
Which city has highest population density in India?
(read: city, population, area in km^2, density in km2, country).
- Delhi | 12,565,901 | 431.09 | 29,149 | India.
- Kolkata | 5,138,208 | 185 | 27,774 | India.
- Chennai | 4,616,639 | 187 | 24,688 | India.
- Mumbai | 13,830,884 | 603 | 22,937 | India.
- Ahmedabad | 3,959,432 | 204 | 19,944 | India.
Which is the most crowded city in the world?
The biggest cities to ever exist
- Tokyo, Japan. Despite its huge prominence today, Tokyo (then Edo) only began its growth after the beginning of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
- Delhi, India.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai (Bombay) India.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Beijing, China.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Keihanshin M.M.A. (Osaka), Japan.
What city has the lowest population density?
The following are the most densely populated cities with populations exceeding 50,000: Union City, N.J.: 54,138 persons/sq. mile. West New York, N.J.: 52,815 persons/sq. mile.
Population Density for U.S. Cities Statistics.
|Population Density (Persons/Square Mile)||7,437|
|Land Area (Square Miles)||11|
119 more columns
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the biggest city in the world 2018?
The largest American city is New York City, while the largest city on the European continent is Moscow.
The 20 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan. Save this picture!
- Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Delhi, India.
- Manila, Philippines.
- Seoul, South Korea.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- New York City, USA.
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What is the most overpopulated country in the world?
Enter your birthdate to continue:
|1||China The majority of the population is located in the eastern half of the country.||1,394,510,000|
|2||India A very high population density exists throughout the country, apart from the deserts in the northwest and the mountains in the north.||1,343,330,000|
48 more rows
Which is the most crowded country in the world?
|TOP 10 MOST POPULOUS COUNTRIES (July 1, 2019)|
|Rank. Country||Population||Rank. Country. Population|
|1. China||1,389,618,778||6. Brazil|
|2. India||1,311,559,204||7. Nigeria|
|3. United States||331,883,986||8. Bangladesh|
2 more rows
Which country has the largest population 2018?
The World: Population (2018) – Top 100+
|3.||United States of America||331,026,400|
96 more rows
Which is the cleanest city in India?
So here are the top 10 cleanest cities in India.
- Mysore (Mysuru) The largest city state of Karnataka, Mysore topped the cleanest city list, emerging with the no.
- Navi Mumbai.
- Kochi (Cochin)
Which is the most population city in India?
5 Most Populated Cities in India
- Mumbai – 22.5 million. You shouldn’t be surprised to know that Mumbai is the most populated city, after all, Mumbai is “Sapno ki Nagri”.
- Delhi – 18.6 million.
- Bengaluru – 10.1 million.
- Hyderabad – 8.7 million.
- Ahmedabad – 6.3million.
Which Indian state has highest population density?
Let’s have a look at all the states and their population according to consensus 2011:
25 more rows
What are the top 5 megacities in the world?
What Are The Top 10 The Most Populous Cities In The World?
- Shanghai. Country: China.
- Mexico City. Country: Mexico.
- São Paulo. Country: Brazil.
- Mumbai. Country: India.
- Kinki major metropolitan area (Osaka and Kyoto) Country: Japan.
- Cairo. Country: Egypt.
- New York-Newark. Country: United States. 2015 Population: 18.65 million.
- Beijing. Country: China. 2015 Population: 18.42 million.
What are the 12 largest cities in the world?
Capital cities of the world – with population
118 more rows
What state has the largest black population?
Percentage Of African-American Population By State
|Rank||US States With The Largest Relative African American Populations||Alone Or In Combination With Other Races, Per 2010 US Census|
|1||District of Columbia||50.7% African American|
|2||Mississippi||37.3% African American|
|3||Louisiana||32.4% African American|
|4||Georgia||31.4% African American|
6 more rows
What state has the smallest population 2018?
|49||District of Columbia||703,608|
47 more rows
What is the most populous city in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Manila – 12.8 million.
What are the 10 largest cities?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- New York City, NY. Population: 8,550,405.
- Los Angeles, CA. Population: 3,971,883.
- Chicago, IL. Population: 2,720,546.
- Houston, TX. Population: 2,296,224.
- Philadelphia, PA. Population: 1,567,442.
- Phoenix, AZ. Population: 1,563,025.
- San Antonio, TX. Population: 1,469,845.
- San Diego, CA. Population: 1,394,928.
What city has the largest homeless population?
In Seattle, which has the nation’s largest homeless population outside New York or Los Angeles, the count this year rose to more than 12,000 — more than half of them unsheltered. The number was less than 9,000 just four years ago, and the city has been wrestling with what to do about the problem.
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
Which is the biggest race in the world?
The world’s largest ethnic group is Han Chinese with Mandarin being the world’s most spoken language in terms of native speakers. Human migration has been shifting toward cities and urban centers. The urban population jumping from 29% in 1950, to 50.5% in 2005.
Which is the richest country in the world?
Top 10 Richest Countries in the World
- Kuwait. GDP per capita ($): 71,930.
- Norway. GDP per capita ($): 72,190.
- Ireland. GDP per capita ($): 75,790.
- Brunei Darussalam. GDP per capita ($): 77,700.
- Singapore. GDP per capita ($): 93,680.
- Luxembourg. GDP per capita ($):112,710.
- Macao. GDP per capita ($): 125,170.
- Qatar. GDP per capita ($): 129,360.
Which country is the smallest in the world?
Based on landmass, Vatican City is the smallest country in the world, measuring just 0.2 square miles, almost 120 times smaller than the island of Manhattan. Situated on the western bank of the Tiber River, Vatican City’s 2-mile border is landlocked by Italy.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”