Choosing a Hot Tub Based on Size
|Hot Tub Size Ranges||Length||Height|
|Small (2-4 people)||5’4” – 7”||29” – 35”|
|Medium (5-6 people)||6’6” – 7’9”||33” – 38.5”|
|Large (7+people)||7′ – 9”||36” – 38”|
- 1 What are the sizes of hot tubs?
- 2 What are the dimensions of a 5 person hot tub?
- 3 What are the dimensions of a 6 person hot tub?
- 4 How deep are most hot tubs?
- 5 What size slab do I need for a hot tub?
- 6 How much space is needed for a hot tub?
- 7 How many gallons does an 8 person hot tub hold?
- 8 How big is a four person hot tub?
- 9 How heavy is a 5 person hot tub?
- 10 How heavy is a 2 person hot tub?
- 11 How deep is a spa?
- 12 How much water does a hot tub hold?
- 13 Can you set a hot tub on pavers?
- 14 Does Costco sell Jacuzzi?
- 15 How do you transport a hot tub?
- 16 Does a hot tub have to sit on concrete?
- 17 Does a hot tub have to be on concrete?
- 18 How thick should a concrete pad be for a hot tub?
- 19 How far does hot tub have to be from house?
- 20 Do you need planning permission for a hot tub?
- 21 How do you prepare the ground for a hot tub?
- 22 How much does a 4 person hot tub cost?
- 23 How heavy is a 7×7 hot tub empty?
- 24 How much electricity does a hot tub use per month?
- 25 How do you shock a hot tub?
- 26 How heavy is a hot tub full of water?
- 27 How many gallons does a jetted tub hold?
What are the sizes of hot tubs?
Many hot tubs range in size depending on the manufacturer and model. The small 2-person hot tub might measure 69 inches by 82 inches. It would depend on style and shape, too. A large 6-8 person hot tub might measure 84 inches by 84 inches and have over 100 jets.
What are the dimensions of a 5 person hot tub?
|Seating Capacity||5 Adults|
|Dimensions||7’3″ x 7’3″ x 36″ 2.20m x 2.20m x .91m|
|Water Capacity||325 gallons/1,225 liters|
|Weight||695 lbs./315 kg dry 4,280 lbs./1,940 kg filled*|
17 more rows
What are the dimensions of a 6 person hot tub?
|Seating Capacity||6 Adults|
|Dimensions||6’8″ x 7’9″ x 33″ 2.03m x 2.36m x .84m|
|Water Capacity||315 gallons/1,200 liters|
|Weight||610 lbs./275 kg dry 4,290 lbs./1,945 kg filled*|
16 more rows
How deep are most hot tubs?
A hot tub is meant for soaking and relaxing, so it does not have to be very deep. Even in-ground hot tubs are limited in height, with most having a depth of 31 inches and a total height of around 37 inches. Little need exists to make the tub deeper.
What size slab do I need for a hot tub?
The size of your hot tub will determine how you prepare for installation. All spas require a sturdy foundation. A large, heavy spa requires a concrete slab base that is at least 4” thick. For most Caldera spas, including the 8-person Cantabria®, a concrete slab is a must.
How much space is needed for a hot tub?
Keep in mind, you will need additional space of 1 to 2 feet around at least two sides of the hot tub to allow for maintenance. We also have a variety of capacity options, accommodating anywhere from 2 to 8 people, with the average size designed for 5 to 6 adults.
How many gallons does an 8 person hot tub hold?
|SEATING CAPACITY||8 Adults|
|WATER CAPACITY||615 gallons / 2325 liters|
|WEIGHT (DRY)||1310 lbs. / 595 kg|
|WEIGHT (FILLED)||7840 lbs. / 3560 kg|
|JET COUNT||74 Total Jets|
3 more rows
How big is a four person hot tub?
As a rough guide, many round hot tubs range from 78 to 84 inches in diameter while square or rectangular can have diameters of up to 110 inches.
How heavy is a 5 person hot tub?
A 56-sq ft. hot tub with a dry weight of 855 lbs. can hold 420 gallons of water and seat 6-7 people (average weight per person = 185 lbs.). 855 lb. tub + 3500 lbs. water + 1295 lbs. for 7 occupants = 5655 lbs. total weight.
How heavy is a 2 person hot tub?
A small Jacuzzi hot tub that fits two or three people inside weighs 500 lbs., on average, when it is empty; when it is full of water, it can weigh up to 3,000 lbs. Larger Jacuzzi hot tubs (that fit up to six people) weigh on average 1,000 lbs.when empty and up to 6,000 lbs. when full of water.
How deep is a spa?
The maximum water depth of any spa should not exceed 4 feet. If seating is provided in the spa, the distance from the surface of any seat or sitting bench should be 28 inches or less from the maximum water depth line. Every spa with a depth of 24 inches or more should have a point of entry designated by a handrail.
How much water does a hot tub hold?
In contrast, the typical hot tub holds 400 gallons of water. Because that water can last for four months or longer, hot tub water usage averages out to less than 3 gallons per day, or just 1% of total household water consumption.
Can you set a hot tub on pavers?
Pavers. Concrete paver stones also make an effective and attractive hot tub platform. However, a paver platform requires that the ground beneath it is level and compact so a layer of gravel and sand can be placed beneath the stones.
Does Costco sell Jacuzzi?
Contrary to the golf course, however, your hot tub or spa is enjoyable no matter what the season. Costco has hot tubs and spas to fit all your needs. You can define your search and shop by shape, price, brand, or color.
How do you transport a hot tub?
Here’s what to do:
- Pack all the tub’s accessories separately.
- Drain the hot tub.
- Turn the tub on its side, carefully, so that it’s easier to shift it.
- Have two people lift one side of the tub by tilting it toward the other side.
- Place a 2-by-4 under the hot tub.
Does a hot tub have to sit on concrete?
A level concrete pad or a reinforced deck are the most common surfaces hot tubs are installed on. However, depending on the spa model you use, you may not need to pour concrete.
Does a hot tub have to be on concrete?
But there are some things you will need to consider when determining your hot tub’s placement. Outdoor hot tub placement, such as decks, concrete or brick patios, is common. However, the hot tub can be placed on any solid, uniform, level surface. Do not place your hot tub on grass or bare ground.
How thick should a concrete pad be for a hot tub?
Average residential concrete mix has a minimum 3000 psi compressive strength. The minimum subgrade for a hot tub is six inches of compacted sand with the proper slope underneath for drainage. Additional sand and thicker concrete are only additional insurance against slab failure.
How far does hot tub have to be from house?
The GFCI must be adjacent to the hot tub on an outside wall at least 5 feet from any hot tub water or other water. To help have an idea of placement, measure the distance from your hot tub location to your main breaker box.
Do you need planning permission for a hot tub?
The majority of hot tubs and spas do not require planning permission. However, planning permission may be required for any building in which a hot tub or spa is housed. Planning permission may also be required for any building which is nearer to a public highway than the original dwelling.
How do you prepare the ground for a hot tub?
How to Prep the Ground for a Hot Tub
- Select a site for the hot tub.
- Check the area carefully.
- Evaluate the distance to a water source, such as a garden hose.
- Make sure the site is at least five feet away from your electrical panel or outlet.
- Level the ground where you intend to place the hot tub by removing bumps and filling in holes.
How much does a 4 person hot tub cost?
The price of a new hot tub can range from about $3,000 to $16,000 and more.
How heavy is a 7×7 hot tub empty?
According to Fiberon, a 56 square foot hot tub without water typically weighs around 900 pounds, while a hot tub with water can weigh up to 6,000 pounds.
How much electricity does a hot tub use per month?
Modern manufacturers advertise the cost to run their hot tubs at about one dollar per day, with $50 per month at the high end. The energy cost of a hot tub varies based mainly on the heater, which usually draw between 1,500 watts or 6,000 watts.
How do you shock a hot tub?
To shock your hot tub, simply follow these easy instructions.
- Adjust the pH levels of your spa’s water to between 7.4 and 7.6.
- Remove the hot tub cover so your spa can breathe while being shocked.
- Turn off the air to the jets but leave the circulation pump running so the water is moving but is not too agitated.
How heavy is a hot tub full of water?
The 56-square-foot tub filled with water and people would therefore have a total weight of 5,655 pounds, so the framing must be able to support a design load of at least 101 pounds per square foot (5,655 ÷ 56 = 100.98).
How many gallons does a jetted tub hold?
Bathtubs are available in many sizes, a typical size being 30 inches wide and 60 inches long. The inside measurements of this tub could be 23 inches wide, 15 inches deep to the water level and 54 inches long. This tub holds about 80 gallons of water. If this is an extra deep tub, it might hold up to 110 gallons.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”