The deepest river in the world is the Congo River in Africa.
At its deepest point, the river reaches a depth of approximately 720 feet.
This depth makes the Congo River about 64 feet deeper than the second deepest river in the world, which is the Yangtze River in China.
What is the deepest river in the world?
Which is the first longest river in Asia?
This list highlights the Asian continent’s thirty longest rivers:
- Yangtze – 3,915 miles.
- Yellow – 3,395 miles.
- Mekong – 3,050 miles.
- Lena – 2,734 miles.
- Irtysh – 2,640 miles.
- Yenisei – 2,540 miles.
- Ob – 2,268 miles.
- Lower Tunguska, 1,857 miles.
Which is largest river in Asia?
The Longest Rivers Of Asia
|Rank||River||Length (in km)|
6 more rows
What is the deepest river in the United States?
What is the most dangerous river?
According to a new video by British fact-seeker Tom Scott, the narrowest part of the river, called the Strid, appears to be a humble forest creek but is actually one of the most lethal stretches of water in the world.
What’s the oldest river in the world?
Like the New River, it is deprived of ancient fossils that many younger rivers have. It is generally accepted that the Nile is the oldest river in the world, yet based on geological evidence, the Finke River in Australia can also make a claim that it is the oldest river in the world.
What is the shortest river in Asia?
Of the ten shortest rivers, five are found in Europe, four in the Americas, and one in Asia.
- Ombla River.
- Jezernica River.
- Roe River.
- Rio Los Patos.
- D River.
- Azuis River.
- Aril River.
- Guinness World Records. Some of the above rivers have been listed as the shortest river by Guinness World Records.
Which is the smallest country in Asia?
The 10 Smallest Countries Of Asia By Area
- The Maldives. The Maldives occupies the southern part of Asia, and it constitutes 26 atolls in the Indian Ocean.
- Singapore. Singapore is one of the world’s city-states, and it lies in Southeast Asia.
What are the six main rivers of Asia?
The following discussion provides information about the major rivers of the Asian continent.
- Yangtze River. The longest river of Asia and the third longest in the world, the Yangtze River flows through China.
- Yellow River.
- Lena River.
- Ob River.
- Irtysh River.
- Yenisei River.
- Indus River.
Which is the only river that crosses the equator twice?
What is the largest river in world?
What’s the World’s Longest River?
- The Nile. Flowing northward through the tropical climate of eastern Africa and into the Mediterranean Sea, the Nile river is the longest river in the world at 4,135 miles (6,650 kilometers), according to the U.S. National Park Service.
- The Amazon.
- The Debate.
What is the tallest point in Asia?
Mount Everest is the highest mountain on the Asian continent and the highest mountain in the world. Its summit is 29,035 feet (8,850 meters) above sea level. It is located on the border of Nepal and China.
What is the most polluted river in the world?
Top 11 Most Polluted Rivers in the World in 2019
- Ganges River. The Ganges is the most sacred river in India.
- Citarum River. The Citarum is arguably one of the most polluted rivers in the world.
- Yellow River.
- Sarno River.
- Buringanga River.
- Marilao River.
- Mississippi River.
- Jordan River.
What is the deepest river in the UK?
Which is the shortest river in the world?
What is the most dangerous ocean?
The South China Sea and East Indies, eastern Mediterranean, Black Sea, North Sea, and British Isles are the most dangerous seas in the world, with the greatest number of shipping accidents in the last 15 years, according to a report released by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).
What is the most dangerous river in the UK?
The River Wharfe in Yorkshire makes for a lovely spot for a picnic or walk, but it has a dark side – a stretch of water that it’s claimed is the most dangerous in the world. It narrows at a point called the Strid, near Bolton Abbey, which is said to have a deadly combination of fast currents and underwater rocks.
Is it dangerous to swim in the Amazon River?
Swimming in the big rivers (Amazon, Marañon, Ucayali) is generally not a good idea due to strong currents more so than parasites. Swimming in the smaller tributaries, especially black water tributaries and lakes is safe, but don’t swallow the water. So go before you swim and wear a tight cossie.
What are the top 5 oldest rivers in the world?
7 Oldest Rivers in the World
- Nile River. Age: c.30 million years old.
- Colorado River. Age: 6 – 70 million years old.
- Susquehanna River. Age: over 300 million years old.
- French Broad River. Age: over 300 million years old.
- Meuse. Age: 320 – 340 million years old.
- New River. Age: 3 – 360 million years old.
- Finke River. Age: over 300 – 340 million years old.
What is the youngest river in the world?
The Top Ten: Longest Rivers of the World
|4.||Chang Jiang (Yangtze)||3,602|
6 more rows
Which mountain is oldest?
Which Is The Oldest Mountain Range In The World? According to the Guinness World Records, the oldest mountains in the world is located in South Africa. Barberton Greenstone Belt is thought to have originated nearly 3.5 billion years ago.
What is the river in Asia?
Dozens of significant rivers rise in Asia. Here we highlight a few on the map and (briefly) describe some of the most significant ones, including the Ganges, Indus, Lena, Mekong, Ob, Yangtze and Yellow.
What is the largest lake in Asia?
Lakes of Asia – Map & Description
- Caspian Sea. The Caspian Sea, located in western Asia on the eastern edges of Europe, is the largest lake on the planet.
- Lake Baikal. Lake Baikal is positioned in southeastern (Siberia) Russia, directly to the north of Mongolia.
- Aral Sea.
What is the largest country in Asia?
The 10 Largest Countries in Asia
- Russia. Russia is not only the largest country in Asia, but is also the largest country in the world.
- China. The second largest country in Asia is China, which covers an area of around 9.5 million square km (3.7 million square miles).
- Saudi Arabia.
What is the highest volcano in Asia?
How much land area of our planet does Asia cover?
It covers 9% of the Earth’s total surface area (or 30% of its land area), and has the largest coastline, at 62,800 kilometres (39,022 mi).
What is the largest desert in Asia?
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”