What are the 10 largest countries in South America?
The 10 Most Populated Countries in South America
- Brazil – 204.5 million. Brazil is the most populous country in South America and the fifth most populous in the world with a population of 204 million people.
- Colombia – 48.5 million.
- Argentina – 43.1 million.
- Peru – 31.2 million.
- Venezuela – 30.6 million.
- Ecuador – 16.3 million.
- Chile – 18 million.
- Bolivia – 10.5 million.
What are the 3 biggest countries in South America?
Below is a list of all the South American countries, in order of geographical area. South America’s total geographical area is 17,835,252 km².
Which is the smallest country of South America?
The Smallest Countries in South America
- Suriname – 163,820 sq km. Suriname’s territory covers an area of 63,252 square miles to become the smallest state in South America.
- Uruguay – 181,034 sq km. Uruguay is South America’s smallest nation with an area of 69,898 square miles.
- Guyana – 214,969 sq km.
- Ecuador – 276,841 sq km.
- Paraguay – 406,750 sq km.
What are the 12 countries in South America?
It is divided politically into 12 independent countries— Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela —and the overseas department of French Guiana .
Is Brazil half of South America?
The country of Brazil occupies roughly half of South America, bordering the Atlantic Ocean. Brazil is bordered by the countries of Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, and France (overseas department of France, French Guiana).
Which are the two largest countries in South America?
The Largest Countries in South America
- Brazil. Brazil is the largest country in South America.
- Argentina. The Argentine Republic is the official name of the second largest country in South America which occupies a land area of 1,073,500 square miles.
What is the strongest country in South America?
What is the youngest country in South America?
The World’s Youngest Countries. Established on July 9, 2011, South Sudan is the youngest country in the world. Juba, the capital of South Sudan, along the Nile River in East-Central Africa.
What is the biggest island in South America?
Isla Grande of Chiloé
Which country is under South America?
Colombia. As the second most densely populated country on the continent, Colombia has five cities with over a million residents. It is also one of the few countries that have both a Pacific and Caribbean coastline and is the only South American country to face both oceans.
What are the 10 countries in South America?
- French Guiana (département of France)
How many countries are in South America list?
Is Brazil poor?
In June 2006, the rate of extreme poverty was 18.57% of the population. The rate of poverty is in part attributed to the country’s economic inequality. Brazil ranks among the world’s highest nations in the Gini coefficient index of inequality assessment.
What is Brazil’s second largest city?
Largest Cities: (by population) Sao Paolo, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Fortaleza, Belo Horizonte, Brasilia, Curitiba, Manaus, Recife, Belem. Name: The name Brazil comes from the Brazilwood tree which grows in Brazil. In Portuguese, this tree is call “pau-brasil” which means “red like an ember”.
How large is Brazil’s renewable water resources?
Brazil has the largest total renewable water resources in the world (8,233 km³). The top 10 countries by total renewable water resources are: Brazil, Russia, United States, Canada, China, Colombia, European Union, Indonesia, Peru, India.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”