How long does the oldest bird live?
Most common garden birds have an average age of between 2 and 5 years.
However, the maximum lifespan recorded for many of these birds is much higher.
For example, the average age of a blue tit is 2.7 years but the oldest recorded was over 21 years old.
What is the oldest species on Earth?
Here the list of top 10 oldest animal species on Earth.
- 7 Sturgeon – 200 million years old.
- 6 Coelacanath – 360 million years old.
- 5 Horseshoe Crab – 445 million years old.
- 4 Nautilus – 500 million years old.
- 3 Jelly Fish – 550 Million years old.
- 2 Sponge – 580 million years old.
- 1 Cyanobacteria – 2.8 billion years old.
What is the oldest creature that ever lived?
Scientists accidentally kill world’s oldest animal at age 507. The oldest animal ever known lived from 1499 until the day researchers cracked its shell open, killing it in the process. Ming, an ocean quahog from the species Arctica islandica, was initially thought to be a record-setting 402 years old.
Photo in the article by “USDA Forest Service”