Map of States having largest forest cover in India
|Rank||States with Highest Forest Cover 2013||Total Forest Cover in Sq kms|
6 more rows
Which state is largest forest in India?
India’s top five states with maximum forest cover (in km²) are:
- Madhya Pradesh (77,462)
- Arunachal Pradesh (67,248)
- Chhattisgarh (55,586)
- Maharashtra (50,628)
- Orissa (50,354)
Where is the largest forest in the world?
The Amazon is the largest rainforest in the world. It covers approximately 2.2 million square miles. The Taiga is the largest forest in the world and stretches through the far northern reaches of Europe, Asia, and North America.
Which state of India has 90% area under the forest?
Where are forests located in India?
List of forests in India
|Kukrail Reserve Forest||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Madhu Forest||Northern India, west of Yamuna|
|Molai forest||Jorhat district, Assam||1,360 acres|
|Mulai Kathoni||Brahmaputra River||550 hectares|
15 more rows
Which is the thickest forest in India?
5 Indian States That Have The Densest Forest Cover
- Madhya Pradesh.
- Arunachal Pradesh.
- Maharashtra. The Forest Survey Conducted in 2014 has stated that the total forest cover of the state stands at 5.06 million hectares.
- Orissa. Orissa is at the position number five by having 5.03 million hectares covered under forests.
Which state has lowest forest in India?
Where is the most beautiful forest in the world?
These Are The 10 Most Beautiful Forests In The World
- Apricot Valley, China.
- Crooked Forest, Poland.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica.
- Sagano Bamboo Forest, Japan.
- The Amazon Rainforest.
- Puszcza Białowieska.
- Kinubalu National Park. Kinubalu National Park is a park located in northern Borneo.
Which is the thickest forest in the world?
Here are the top 5 most dense forest in the world. Amazon basin in South America is home to the world’s largest contiguous tropical rain forest. The Amazon is the world’s second longest and the most voluminous river spreading across nine countries.
What is the first largest forest in the world?
The biggest contiguous forest in the world is the Russian taiga, also known as the boreal forest of Russia.
Which state in India has the largest area of forest cover?
Which type of forest occupies the highest percentage of area in India?
Which type of forests occupies the highest percentage of area in India? Tropical Deciduous Forests: They are also called the “Monsoon forests”. They grow in the areas with annual rainfall of 70-200 cm.
Which country has largest forest area in the world?
What type of forest are mostly found in India?
Types of Forests in India. There are various types of forests are found in the Indian subcontinent. basically, there are 6 major groups, namely, Moist Tropical, Dry Tropical, Montane Sub Tropical, Montane Temperate, Sub Alpine, and Alpine, further subdivided into 16 major types of forests.
Which is the most dangerous forest in India?
India’s 17 Most Dangerous Vacation Destinations
- Phugtal Monastery – Built on a cliffside.
- Bastar- Swarming with naxals.
- Dras- The 2nd coldest habitable area in the world.
- Thar Desert – Did someone say Black Cobra?
- Khardung La – Highest road, lowest oxygen.
- Interior Assam – Lumding to Haflong railway terror.
- Pamban Bridge – The most dangerous sea bridge.
How many trees are cut down each day in India?
Throughout the world, about 900 million trees are cut down annually.Twenty nine million, eight hundred thousand trees (29,800,000) are cut down every day in the world. TWENTY MILLION ACRES of forest are cut down each day, and 30% (SIX MILLION ACRES PER DAY!) becomes wood pulp for paper.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”