The Largest Cities in the World
26 more rows
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What are the 50 largest cities in the world?
So, the top 50 largest built-up urban areas in the world, with a population of 500,000 and over are:
- Tokyo–Yokohama (Japan)
- Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Delhi (India)
- Seoul–Incheon (South Korea)
- Manila (Philippines)
- Mumbai (India)
- Karachi (Pakistan)
- Shanghai (China)
What are the 12 largest cities in the world?
Capital cities of the world – with population
118 more rows
What are the 10 largest cities?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- New York City, NY. Population: 8,550,405.
- Los Angeles, CA. Population: 3,971,883.
- Chicago, IL. Population: 2,720,546.
- Houston, TX. Population: 2,296,224.
- Philadelphia, PA. Population: 1,567,442.
- Phoenix, AZ. Population: 1,563,025.
- San Antonio, TX. Population: 1,469,845.
- San Diego, CA. Population: 1,394,928.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2019?
The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World for 2019
- 8: Mumbai.
- 7: Dhaka.
- 6: Cairo.
- 5: Mexico City.
- 4: Sao Paulo.
- 3: Shanghai.
- 2: Delhi.
- 1: Tokyo. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is the vibrant Japanese city of Osaka which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
What are the largest cities in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Manila – 12.8 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What is the most common city name?
Most Common City Names in the US
- Washington. With 88 different cities and towns throughout the country named Washington, this names takes 1st place.
- Springfield. Springfield comes in 2nd place with 41 different cities and towns sharing its name.
- Franklin. Number 3 on the list is Franklin.
Was Mexico City the largest city in the world?
Mexico City is ranked 12th largest in the world. Mexico’s capital has experienced a roller coaster ride in urban area rankings since the middle of the last century. In 1950, Mexico City ranked 17th in the world, according to United Nations estimates. By 2000, Mexico City was second in the world to only Tokyo Yokohama.
What is the biggest city in the world 2019?
The largest American city is New York City, while the largest city on the European continent is Moscow.
The 20 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan. Save this picture!
- Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Delhi, India.
- Manila, Philippines.
- Seoul, South Korea.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- New York City, USA.
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
What is the most important city in the world?
The world’s top 10 most influential cities:
- London. A history and tradition which cannot be rivalled have left London with all the economic benefits of the City of London, and a language, judiciary and legal system which are models for the rest of the world.
- New York.
- Hong Kong.
What’s the best country in the world?
The 10 Best Countries in the World
- United Kingdom.
- United States.
- France. France, the most visited country in the world, ranks second in cultural influence and sixth in the power rankings for the second year in a row.
Which is the beautiful city in the world?
1. Venice. Among those who’ve seen it in person, the conclusion is unanimous: Venice is the most beautiful city in the world, and the only one that can truly be described as unique.
What is the largest city in the world by size?
Largest Cities in the World By Land Area
- New York City. The City of New York is a vast metropolitan region, occupying a total of 8,683 square kilometers.
- Tokyo. Tokyo was established in May 1889 as a municipality headquarter.
- Chicago. Chicago, in the United States, has a massive land area.
What’s the biggest country in the world?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
Which city has the most billionaires?
In 2015, Forbes Magazine listed New York City with the most billionaires at 78 persons, followed by Moscow with 68 billionaires, and Hong Kong in third place with 65 billionaires. The report also states that the US has the most billionaires per capita of any country.
Which country has highest number of billionaires?
Billionaires by country or dependency
|World rank||Country||Number of billionaires|
70 more rows
What is the wealthiest city in the United States?
Raleigh is by far the wealthiest metro area in North Carolina and the 25th wealthiest in the United States.
25. Raleigh, N.C.
- Median household income: $71,685.
- Households earning $200,000 or more: 8.0%
- Adults with at least a bachelor’s degree: 47.2%
- March unemployment rate: 3.8%
Is Jacksonville the largest city?
Jacksonville is the largest city in the continental United States with over 840 square miles. Duval Street, like the county, was named for William Pope Duval, the first Territorial Governor of Florida.
What is the biggest city in the US by land area?
Jacksonville also has the distinction of being the largest city by land area in the lower 48 states. We all know Alaska is big, but it may not be as well known that it is home to the four largest cities in the United States. The smallest of the top 4 is Anchorage with “only” 1,704.7 square miles to its name.
What’s the largest city in the world by square miles?
While Tokyo-Yokohama comes first in the population stakes, it comes third in land area with 3,300 square miles. The New York-New Jersey-Connecticut metro region claims the title as the largest urban area in physical size, sprawling out over 4,585 square miles. Boston-Providence comes second with 3,548 square miles.
What is the safest country in the world?
The top 10 safest countries in the world are as follows:
- New Zealand.
- Czech Republic.
What is the richest country in the world?
Another common characteristic of the wealthiest nations is all of the 25 richest countries have life expectancies at birth above the world average of 72 years.
- Qatar. • GNI per capita: $128,060.
- Singapore. • GNI per capita: $90,570.
- Brunei Darussalam.
- United Arab Emirates.
- Hong Kong SAR.
What is the most beautiful country in the world?
10 of the Most Beautiful Countries in the World
- Switzerland. Switzerland is a lovely country with breathtaking scenery and natural environment.
- New Zealand.
- South Africa.
Photo in the article by “Where Can I FLY”