(45) PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS (also spelled PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOKONIOSIS) = a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of siliceous volcanic dust.
This is the longest word in any English dictionary.
- 1 Which is the largest spelling in the world?
- 2 What are the top 10 longest words?
- 3 What are the 10 longest words in the English language?
- 4 How long does it take to pronounce the longest word in the world?
- 5 What’s the world’s longest word?
- 6 What’s the shortest word in the world?
- 7 Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a real word?
- 8 Is there a word with all 26 letters?
- 9 What is the most misspelled word in the world?
- 10 What’s the hardest word to pronounce?
- 11 What word takes 3 hours to say?
- 12 What is the hardest language to learn?
- 13 What’s the longest last name?
- 14 What is the longest book in the world?
- 15 What is the shortest sentence that uses all 26 letters?
- 16 What is the shortest movie ever made?
- 17 What is the shortest sentence in the world?
- 18 What’s the shortest name ever?
- 19 What is the longest 1 syllable word?
- 20 What’s the most misspelled word in the United States?
- 21 How do you spell 15 in words?
- 22 What is the easiest language in the world?
- 23 What is the most easiest language to learn?
- 24 Is English the hardest language?
- 25 What sentence uses every letter in the alphabet?
- 26 Why are there 26 letters in the alphabet?
- 27 Which word in English has all the 5 vowels?
Which is the largest spelling in the world?
The longest words in Oxford Dictionaries are:
- antidisestablishmentarianism – opposition to the disestablishment of the Church of England – 28 letters.
- floccinaucinihilipilification – the estimation of something as worthless – 29 letters.
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis – a supposed lung disease – 45 letters.
What are the top 10 longest words?
Here are the top 10 longest words in the English Language.
What are the 10 longest words in the English language?
Take a look at these 10 longest words in the English language that are enlisted in the dictionary.
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters)
- Hepaticocholangiocholecystenterostomies (39 letters)
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
How long does it take to pronounce the longest word in the world?
about 3.5 hours
What’s the world’s longest word?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.
What’s the shortest word in the world?
Eunoia, at six letters long, is the shortest word in the English language that contains all five main vowels. Seven letter words with this property include adoulie, douleia, eucosia, eulogia, eunomia, eutopia, miaoued, moineau, sequoia, and suoidea. (The scientific name iouea is a genus of Cretaceous fossil sponges.)
Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a real word?
“Obnoxious” is an ugly word so we said “atrocious,” that’s very British. The word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in Mary Poppins is said to be simply a word used as “something to say when you have nothing to say,” but the mouthful of nonsensical syllables certainly has brought cheer to audiences for decades.
Is there a word with all 26 letters?
I doubt there is a single word in the English language that includes all 26 letters, but the following sentence does: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. An individual character from an alphabet is a “letter”.
What is the most misspelled word in the world?
Here are the top 10 most misspelled words in the English language, according to the Oxford Dictionary:
- Publically. Whether you use it privately or publicly, this is one you want to make sure is correct.
What’s the hardest word to pronounce?
The 10 hardest English words to pronounce, according to Reddit
- Anemone. Pronunciation: Uh-nem-uh-nee.
- Isthmus. Pronunciation: Is-muss.
- Sixth. Pronunciation: Siks.
- Penguin. Pronunciation: Pen-gwen.
- Colonel. Pronunciation: Ker-nal.
- Otorhinolaryngologist. Pronunciation: Oto-rhino-laryng-ologist.
- Rural. Pronunciation: Rurr-rol (the “rurr” syllable rhymes with “purr”)
What word takes 3 hours to say?
The longest word in English has 189,819 letters and would take you three and a half hours to pronounce correctly. Seriously. It’s the chemical name of Titin (or connectin), a giant protein “that functions as a molecular spring which is responsible for the passive elasticity of muscle.”
What is the hardest language to learn?
The Hardest Languages For English Speakers
- Mandarin Chinese. Interestingly, the hardest language to learn is also the most widely spoken native language in the world.
What’s the longest last name?
The longest name used by anyone is Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff, Senior, who was born at Bergedorf, near Hamburg, Germany, on 29 Feb. 1904.
What is the longest book in the world?
It is supposedly the world’s longest published novel in English at 2.5 million words. If you have some extra time, you can read it at marienbadmylove.com. 4. A la recherche du temps perdu by Marcel Proust.
What is the shortest sentence that uses all 26 letters?
Everybody knows one or two pangrams (sentences that use every letter of the alphabet). You’ve probably seen some of these before: The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog. Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.
What is the shortest movie ever made?
Fresh Guacamole is a 2012 American animated short film written and directed by PES, (Adam Pesapane). The film was nominated for the Best Animated Short Film award of the 85th Academy Awards, losing to Paperman. At one minute 40 seconds, it is the shortest film ever nominated for an Oscar.
What is the shortest sentence in the world?
In short, “Go” is the shortest sentence in the English language that also has the longest implied meaning.
What’s the shortest name ever?
Guinness World Records verified Mohammed’s height at 22 in (57 cm). He was the shortest man ever verified up to 2012, when he lost the title to Chandra Bahadur Dangi.
What is the longest 1 syllable word?
What is the longest one-syllable English word? The one that’s most commonly cited is screeched (nine letters). But there are also schlepped, scratched, scrounged, scrunched, stretched, and the plural nouns straights and strengths (all with nine letters).
What’s the most misspelled word in the United States?
Here is the most misspelled word in each state (plus Washington, D.C.), based on the Google map:
- Utah: beautiful.
- Vermont: solution.
- Virginia: beautiful.
- Washington: beautiful.
- Washington, D.C.: permanent.
- West Virginia: apparel.
- Wisconsin: beautiful.
- Wyoming: fiancé
How do you spell 15 in words?
15 (number) 15 (fifteen) is a number, numeral, and glyph. It is the natural number following 14 and preceding 16.
What is the easiest language in the world?
We’ve decided to rank the order from easiest languages to learn to the hardest.
- Spanish. Speaking: Very Easy. Grammar: Very Easy.
- Italian. Speaking: Easy. Grammar: Easy.
- French. Speaking: Moderate. Grammar: Moderate.
- Portuguese. Speaking: Moderate.
- German. Speaking: Difficult.
- Hindi. Speaking: Moderate.
- Mandarin. Speaking: Difficult.
What is the most easiest language to learn?
9 Easiest Languages For English Speakers To Learn
- Norwegian. This may come as a surprise, but we have ranked Norwegian as the easiest language for English speakers to pick up.
- Swedish. Our second easiest language also comes from Scandinavia and the Germanic family of languages.
- Spanish. This pick should come as no surprise.
Is English the hardest language?
But it’s not the only contender for the World’s Most Difficult Language. Other notoriously tricky languages include Finnish, Russian, Japanese and Mandarin. It makes English sound easy in comparison! Ultimately, though, it’s down to the individual whether or not a particular language is difficult to learn.
What sentence uses every letter in the alphabet?
A pangram, or holoalphabetic sentence, is a sentence that contains every letter of the alphabet at least once. The most famous pangram is probably the thirty-five-letter-long “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog,” which has been used to test typing equipment since at least the late 1800s.
Why are there 26 letters in the alphabet?
The alphabet was made up of 22 letters, all of the consonants. When the Roman Empire was ruling parts of the world, they introduced the Roman alphabet derived from the Latin version, although the letters J, U/V and W were still omitted.
Which word in English has all the 5 vowels?
The word Iouea, a genus of sea sponges, contains all five regular vowels and no other letters.There are many words that feature all five regular vowels occurring only once in alphabetical order, the most common being abstemious and facetious.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”