What are the top 10 biggest states?
10 Largest States In The United States
- Alaska – 1,723,337 km2 (665,384 mi2) – Alaska is by far the largest state in the USA.
- Texas – 695,662 km2 (268,596 mi2) – The Lone Star State is the second largest state, but it’s less than half the size of Alaska.
- California – 423,967 km2 (163,694 mi2) – The Golden State is the third largest state in the United States.
What states are the largest in order?
States by Size in Square Miles
|State||Square Miles (Land Area)|
46 more rows
What is the smallest state in the US?
What is the list of states from largest to smallest?
The top three largest states in size are Alaska, Texas, and California. Rhode Island is the smallest state in the US by land area, while Delaware is the second smallest, and Connecticut is the third smallest.
Is Florida bigger than California?
Texas is bigger than California, making it the largest state of the 48 contiguous states, but measured by population, the rankings are reversed. California is the most populous state with 39,776,830 residents, according to 2017 U.S. Census estimates, while Texas had a population of 28,704,330.
What’s the 2nd biggest state?
Alaska has the largest land area in the United States followed by Texas and California.
47 more rows
What is the oldest city in the USA?
The 20 Oldest Cities in the United States
- St. Augustine, Florida – 1565.
- Jamestown, Virginia – 1607. Jamestown Virginia is where the British Empire got its beginning.
- Santa Fe, New Mexico – 1610.
- Plymouth, Massachusetts – 1620.
- New York City, New York – 1624.
- Quincy, Massachusetts – 1625.
- Boston, Massachusetts – 1630.
- Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia – 1638.
What’s the biggest country in the world?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
Which US state is the longest in length?
Canada has the world’s longest coastline reaching over 150,000 miles. The United States lies eighth on the global scale with a coastline of 95,471 miles.
US States By Length Of Coastline.
|Rank||US State||Coastline Length|
|1||Alaska||33,904 mi (54,563 km)|
|2||Florida||8,436 mi (13,576 km)|
|3||Louisiana||7,721 mi (12,426 km)|
27 more rows
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”