|States and territories||Jammu and Kashmir Himachal Pradesh Punjab Chandigarh Uttarakhand Haryana Delhi Rajasthan Uttar Pradesh|
|Other states sometimes included||Bihar Gujarat Madhya Pradesh West Bengal|
3 more rows
Which is the largest state of India 2018?
Population of Indian States
34 more rows
What is the largest state in India?
Which state comes in north India?
North India, according to the Geological Survey of India, refers to the northern region of India comprising the states of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and the Union Territories of Delhi and Chandigarh.
Which is the largest state in India 2017?
33 more rows
Which is the richest state in India?
Top 15 Richest States In India 2019
- Telangana – GDP Rs.7.50 lakh Crore.
- Rajasthan – GDP Rs.7.50 lakh Crore.
- West Bengal – GDP Rs.9.20 lakhs Crore.
- Gujarat – GDP Rs.12.75 lakh Crore.
- Karnataka – GDP Rs.12.80 Lakhs Crores.
- Tamil Nadu – GDP Rs.13.39 lakh Crores.
- Uttar Pradesh – GDP Rs.14.46 lakh Crores.
- Maharashtra – GDP Rs.25.35 lakh crore.
Which is the largest state of India 2019?
According to area, Rajasthan is the largest state in India, followed by Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Jammu and Kashmir.
Which is the smallest city of India?
Top 10 Least Populated Cities of India
7 more rows
Who is the smallest state of India?
Which is biggest river in India?
The Indus River is the longest river of India, total length of the Indus from its source (Tibetan Plateau) is 3200 km.
Several of these rivers of India also offer a bright range of adventure activities.
- Indus River.
- The Ganges River.
- Godavari River.
- Krishna River.
- Yamuna River.
- Narmada River.
- Mahanadi River.
- Kaveri River.
How many states come in North India?
There are 6 North Indian States and one Union Territory namely; Delhi. Haryana. Jammu and Kashmir.
How many states are in North India?
The Indian state of Haryana has also 22 districts in it. Himachal Pradesh: Himachal Pradesh is bordered by Jammu and Kashmir on the north, Punjab and Chandigarh on the west, Haryana on the south-west, Uttarakhand on the south-east and by the Tibet Autonomous Region on the east.
Which states come in North Zone?
Zonal Maps of India
- North Zone: North zone of India houses the sates of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand , Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.
- East Zone: the east zone is comprised of states of Bihar, Orissa, Jharkhand, and West Bengal.
- West Zone: This zone has the states of Rajasthan , Gujarat, Goa and Maharashtra.
Which is the oldest state in India?
What is the oldest state in India? – Quora. Oldest states of india (with year of establishment ) Varanasi: Also known as Banaras and Kashi situated on the bank of holiest river of India “Ganges”. Varanasi “The city of temples” is one of the oldest city in the world.
Which is largest state in India by area?
Top 15 Largest States of India by Geographical Area
- Madhya Pradesh – 308,245 km2. Madhya Pradesh nicknamed as the heart of India is the second largest state in the country by area.
- Maharashtra – 307,713 km2.
- Uttar Pradesh – 240,928 km2.
- Jammu and Kashmir – 222,236 km2.
- Gujarat – 196,024 km2.
- Karnataka – 191,791 km2.
- Andhra Pradesh – 162,968 km2.
- Odisha – 155,707 km2.
Which Indian state has the smallest area?
Which is the cleanest state in India?
Indore in Madhya Pradesh has been declared the cleanest city in India. Madhya Pradesh’s capital Bhopal ranked as India’s second cleanest city for two years in a row.
Which is poor state in India?
What are the most poor states in India and why? Chhattisgarh, Manipur, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Bihar and Assam figure among the poorest states where over 40 per cent of people are below poverty line, according to the C Rangarajan panel.
Which state is No 1 in education in India?
|Rank||India/State/Union Territory||Literacy Rate (%) – 2001 Census|
33 more rows
Which is the lowest educated state in India?
Which state is lowest population in India?
Which state has the lowest population in India?
Let’s have a look at all the states and their population according to consensus 2011:
25 more rows
Which is the smallest dam in India?
Largest, Highest, Longest and Smallest in India Traditional GK
|Highest Dam||Bhakra Dam (over Sutlej river in Punjab)|
|Longest River of South India||Godavari|
|Longest Tunnel||Jawahar Tunnel (in Jammu and Kashmir)|
|Longest National Highway||NH-7 (Varanasi to Kanyakumari)|
|Highest Mountain Peak||K2, also known as Godwin Austin|
36 more rows
Which is the 2nd smallest state in India?
The second and third smallest state in India are Sikkim and Tripura respectively.
Which state has highest population in India?
Top 10 Largest States of India by population
- Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh is the largest state of India by population.
- Maharashtra. Maharashtra is the second largest state in India by population.
- Bihar. Bihar is the third largest state of India by population.
- West Bengal.
- Madhya Pradesh.
- Tamil Nadu.
Which is the deepest river of India?
- The deepest river in India is Brahmaputra.
- The maximum depth of this river is 380 ft .
- Brahmaputra to originates from China and enters India.
- Major tributary of Brahmaputra river in India is river Subansari.
Which is the biggest dam in India?
Tehri Dam on Bhagirathi river is the biggest, highest and tallest dam in India and also the eighth highest dam in the world, located at Uttarakhand.
- Tehri Dam – Uttarakhand.
- Bhakra Nangal Dam – Himachal Pradesh.
- Sardar Sarovar Dam – Gujarat.
- Hirakud Dam – Odisha.
- NagarjunaSagar Dam – Telangana.
Which is the long river in India?
Which state ranks first in length of roads in India?
The top 10 States/UTs in terms of total length of rural roads in India as on 31st March 2015 were- Maharashtra, Assam, Odisha, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh. As on 31st March 2015, total length of rural roads in Maharashtra was 267402 Kms.
Which is the most populated city in India?
5 Most Populated Cities in India
- Mumbai – 22.5 million. You shouldn’t be surprised to know that Mumbai is the most populated city, after all, Mumbai is “Sapno ki Nagri”.
- Delhi – 18.6 million.
- Bengaluru – 10.1 million.
- Hyderabad – 8.7 million.
- Ahmedabad – 6.3million.
Photo in the article by “George W. Bush White House”