So since India is the largest producer of Banana, let’s find out top 10 states which contribute to it:
- Orissa – 521.31 metric tonnes.
- Assam – 837.021 metric tonnes.
- West Bengal – 1077.8 metric tonnes.
- Madhya Pradesh – 1701 metric tonnes.
- Bihar – 1702.412 metric tonnes.
- Karnataka – 2529.6 metric tonnes.
- 1 Which state is not a major producer of bananas?
- 2 Which of the following state is the largest producer of banana in India?
- 3 Are any bananas grown in the USA?
- 4 Which place is famous for banana?
- 5 Which state is the largest producer in India?
- 6 Which country is the largest producer of banana?
- 7 Where is the biggest banana plantation?
- 8 Where does the US get most of its bananas?
- 9 Where do we get most of our bananas?
- 10 Which place in India is famous for banana?
- 11 What is the most popular fruit worldwide?
Which state is not a major producer of bananas?
The major banana producing states of India are Tamilnadu, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Assam and Madhya Pradesh. Although separate data on organic banana is not available, the area, production and productivity of banana is presented in Table 2.
Which of the following state is the largest producer of banana in India?
It is cultivated in India in an area of 830.5 thousand ha and total production is around 29,779.91 thousand tons. Main banana growing states are Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
Are any bananas grown in the USA?
Bananas are grown in the warm, tropical corners of the US, namely Hawaii and Florida. People also grow bananas in other warm, non-tropical areas like California, Louisiana, Arizona, Texas. The majority of the bananas we eat are grown in Latin America and the Caribbean area.
Which place is famous for banana?
Jalgaon is theBanana Capital of India, Jalgaon is one of the key attraction place in Maharashtra for tourist from all around the world. The world famous Ajanta Caves and Yaval Wildlife Sanctuary are the main attraction here. Jalgaon is famous for Banana’s, it produce more than 15% of India’s banana.
Which state is the largest producer in India?
10 Largest Agricultural Producing States of India
- Wheat – Uttar Pradesh.
- Cotton – Gujarat.
- Sugarcane – Uttar Pradesh.
- Jute – West Bengal.
- Tea – Assam.
- Coffee – Karnataka.
- Pulses – Madhya Pradesh.
- Rubber – Kerala. Kerala is the largest producer of Rubber in India, followed by Tamil Nadu, North East state of Tripura and Karnataka.
Which country is the largest producer of banana?
Where is the biggest banana plantation?
Only 177 miles from the Arctic Circle lies Northern Europe’s largest banana plantation.
- Iceland is home to the biggest banana plantation in Northern Europe. (
- The heat from the nearby volcanic springs keeps the temperature warm enough in the greenhouses for bananas to grow.
Where does the US get most of its bananas?
Bananas Imports into the United States
- Guatemala: US$1.1 billion (up 22.8% from 2014)
- Costa Rica: $453.4 million (up 1%)
- Ecuador: $432.8 million (down -7%)
- Honduras: $271.5 million (up 0.4%)
- Mexico: $247.5 million (up 68.4%)
- Colombia: $218.1 million (down -10.3%)
- Peru: $52.5 million (up 77.1%)
Where do we get most of our bananas?
Bananas and other tropical fruit like pineapples are grown in tropical areas like Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, and the Pacific. Bananas are a staple food for many developing countries and only around 15 to 20% of all bananas are exported to the global market.
Which place in India is famous for banana?
What is the most popular fruit worldwide?
According to The Most Popular Fruit in the World, the most popular fruit in the world is,
- Tomatoes (170.75 million metric tons consumed in 2014)
- Bananas (114.13 m.m.t.)
- Watermelons (111 m.m.t.)
- Apples (84.63 m.m.t.)
- Grapefruit (83.97 m.m.t.)
Photo in the article by “New York Public Library – GetArchive”